Chapter Nineteen

Hey, SO this is it. Chap 19. I just had to UPLOAD!!  Hope you enjoy. SIX VOTES AND COMMENTS!!!! Or I wont continue!! (mwahahah) LoL. Thanks!! 

Jordan's POV

Yes! She's gone. Now if I could just find that card she made for me. There it is. I pick it up and it’s still a bit soggy. I open the card and inside it said 'To Jordan, I just want to say thanks for everything down in the boiler room. Sohere's a card and some chocolate. From Abbey.' It made me laugh that she wrote this. Why would she anyway? She's got Bill. I placed the card in my drawer and threw the box of chocolates away because they were covered in coffee. 

I went back to doing my work on my laptop when my tummy started it rumble. Dad had said that Liane is making breakfast at home and she is going to come here and give it to me. I had to wait half an hour though because she has to get here first. Dad said that she is making some for Abbey too. Well I guess she needs some food too.

"Jordan, take Abbey home.” He orders me. “I don’t think she should be working today. And also her father would like to see after all the worrying he has been through.”

"And you're telling me because..."

"Because, I want you to take her home," He says, handing me the keys to his car. "James is at a very important meeting, covering for you," He adds. 

"Well, I'm here now so I can go back to the meeting and James can take her." I say, folding my arms.

"Jordan, I'm sorry but you can’t just swap half way through the meeting. Now, go and take her home and try and get along." He says. 

"We always get along," I lie.”Oh, and what about Bill?” I ask him.

“Bill is also in that meeting,” Dad says.

“Why is everyone in that meeting except from me?” I fold my arms.

“Jordan, you are such a big baby.”He laughs. “Here catch,” He throws the keys. I watch it fly in the sky and then catch it.

Just before he left, a thought popped into my head.

“Dad,” I start to say. “If Abbey gets a day off, I think I deserve one too,”

“Jordan, you’re not having a day off.” He says, smiling. “And you’re not hurt otherwise you could have had one.”

I quickly grab a pile of books and drop in on my foot.

“Ouch! My foot,” I act.

“You have to have something better than that if you want to fool me.”  

Dad laughs and deserts the room. Great. Just great. I had to waste my time for hers and she didn't even get my coffee. I stood up and a pile of books fell down, crashing onto my foot. Ouch! Now that hurt. I didn’t bother chasing after dad and tell him that I’m hurt because I couldn’t be bothered. I saved my work and shut down the laptop, put on my jacket and walked out of the room, locking the door. I walked over to the coffee machine and there she was. She was talking to some staff, laughing and talking when she was suppose to be getting me coffee. I walk towards her and tell her the bad news. 

"Well, I can go on my own, I'm not a baby you know," She says. 

"I told you already that dad said I have to take you because your delicate head isn't working and your dad wants to see you," I say to her, pointing at her head. 

"Whatever," She says, slapping my hand. 

We both go out side, I'm walking in front and she’s following behind. I open the front doors to the building and all I see is a blanket of snow covering the city. I couldn't help smiling; I could see Abbey smiling too. I stomped through the snow into dads’ car and started the engine. I waited for her to get inside and after five minutes she entered the car and sat at the back.  

I began to drive. I was admiring the snow at the same time but most of my focus was on driving. I drove in the roads that weren’t busy, the roads that have houses surrounding them. I like driving on those roads because the roads are never busy so I can speed up and no one will catch me. I start to speed up and this road was a ten mile per hour road. I love speeding up, it’s so much fun and I feel like I'm in a race. 

Mum always used to buy me toy cars. I've always wanted to be a racer. My thoughts on being a racer was interrupted by Abbey,

"Don’t you know how to drive?" She asked me.

"Yes I can," I answer her, proudly.

"Yeah right," She snorts with laughter. "This is a ten mile per hour road, slow down." She instructs.

 "Well, this is my car and I'm driving so I choose how I want to drive." I say to her.

"You're rubbish at driving," She says.

"You're rubbish at driving," I argue back.

"No you are," She says.

"If you don't like my driving then get out of this car," I say to her.

"I didn't want to be in this smelly car anyways," She says, folding her arms.

I pull the brakes, stopping the car. I turn to look at her.

"Well this is my smelly car so if you don't want to be in it, go." I tell her.

"Fine, I'm going away from you and the smelly car," She says, opens the door to the car, hops out and slams the door. 

“If anything happens, I’m not going to rescue you,” I shout after her but I don’t think she heard

I start the engine and drove away, leaving her outside in the cold, walking home. Well if that’s the choice she has made then let it be. And if anything happens, like I said, I’m not going to rescue her. 

*******

Random Q:

1. Sorry but in chap 18 I was going to ask you lot about well, you know when Jordan  (chap 18) let out his hand for Abbey to grab on and get up (in boiler room) and Abbey felt that his hand felt familiar. Do you think you know why it seems familiar? 

2. Whats going to happen to Abbey??? 

Thanks. 6 VOTES AND COMMENTS!