Chapter Seven

SO, THIS IS CHAPTER SEVEN! PLEASE GIVE SOME FEEDBACK!! THANKS. VOTE.COMMENT.FAN

HOPE YOU LIKE IT!! =D 

****************************************************************************************************************

Jordan's POV

***

You know, that's the thing I hate about dad. He makes me do stuff I don't want to do. That stupid girl. Who does she think she is? Bursting into my office, calling James a plumber and I bet she blackmailed my dad so that she could get the job. She can do all she likes because she is going to be miserable and she is probably going to quit maybe tomorrow when she finds out how mean I can be. Just because my dad knows her dad and they get along doesn't mean i'm going to get along with her. She just couldn't find a better place to work.

I slumpped back on my bed and gazed at the ceiling.

"Jordan!" I heard someone shout my name so I got up and left my room. It was my dad calling me.

I ran down stairs and there was my uncle Robert, sitting besides my dad.

"Uncle Robert!" I said and I shook his hands.

"You look much older than the last time I had seen you. How are you?" He asked.

"I'm fine. So hows life?" I asked so informally. I noticed that I had said something wrong because dad was giving me the evil eye. "I...mean, how are you?"

"Good." He answered, with a big smile on his face.

I felt as if there was something they were both hiding from me. "Dad, Whats up?" I asked curiously.

"Oh well, this and that, your birthday party. Nothing interesting." He said like it wasn't a big deal.

"Party? Birthday party?" I scratched my head and wondered what he was talking about. "Oh, its my birthday in two days. Who are inviting?" I asked him.

"Robert, Aunt Mabel and other relatives and close family friends. I have also told Abbey's dad to come along with his family as well." He said like I would be amazed.

"You what!" I exclaimed. He couldn't have. He had invited the enemy. 

 Dad looked at uncle Robert and faked a smile and acted as if everything I had said wasn't wrong. I gulped. I knew later I was in big trouble. Not trouble as in grounded because I was too old for that, trouble as in, to be honest I don't know.

***

Uncle Robert left an hour after I had embarrassed dad. I felt like a child, trying to hide and run away from my dad so I wouldn't get a punishment. But I knew there was no point because he would find me eventually.

"How could you embarrass me like this!" He shouted, but not as loud as I expected.

"You didn't have invite her!" I shouted back at him.

"You said you'll work with her!" He said back at me.

I knew he was right. I had said i'd work with her and now I know it was a big mistake. Look what she did to me. She got me in trouble. That idiot. I didn't dare to look at dad anymore so I left him standing and went back into my room.

***

Abbeys POV

I can't believe dad. My own father is making me go to that stupid party. Oh why, oh why did I have to get that job? But I couldn't tell dad I didn't want to go or it'd be obvious that we hate each other so i had to play along like I always do and that makes me the good one. But if I didn't i'd be the bad one. Life is hard!