Jason

Jason felt a tingling sensation. And it was not the good type. The mermaids kept pulling him down as he tried to swim up. He reached into his pocket for his gold coin, but one of the mermaids clawed his arm with their long and deadly claws.
Jason jerked away from them with such force, due to the pain in his right arm.

Before he knew it, he was swimming as fast as possible back on to the surface. The mermaids were swimming as fast. He was beginning to give up. What's the point, he said to himself, there is nothing to live for anyway...Then, thousands of images flashed in his head. It wasn't familiar, but the more images that came the more they became familiar. Then he remembered. What worth he was. He finally found his objective. He had to live for his father, and the seven. He stopped swimming. Jason let the mermaids clawed on to him. Gashes appeared all over his body. He stopped breathing. He let all the water go into him. He let himself drown in the sea of Monsters.

Because, if Jason was right, he would be saved before he had died. He would be saved not by the others or by his father. He could sense the end of his life as the mermaids clawed a deep wound into his chest. But he wasn't going to die. He was going to be saved by a girl named Skyler Thompson.