Chapter 14

Elizabeth's POV

He's just stood there. Looking at me with the most shocked but unreadable look on his face.

"Say something," I tell him.

But he doesn't. He doesn't say anything at all. He just carries on standing there looking at me.

"I knew I shouldn't have said anything," I say more to myself than Danny.

All of a sudden Danny sits down next to me but on the edge of the couch with his elbows on his knees and his face in his hands.

"I mean I might not be but I'm late and I'm never late," I tell him, "I wanted to tell you but I was worried, I didn't know how you'd react."

"Pregnancy test, have you done one?" He asks me.

"No, I erm, I haven't no," I shake my head looking down at my hands and picking at my nails.

"Do you have any?" He asks looking back at me just as I look back up.

"Erm, yeah El bought me one as a joke the other week because she said I looked like I was getting fat," I laugh a little.

"Well take one now and then do you have two?" He frowns.

"There's two in a box," I tell him.

"Right well do both of them to make sure," he nods standing up and running his hands through his hair.

Sighing to myself I stand up and I walk into our bedroom and look for the pregnancy tests.

Once I find them I go into the bathroom and I do the pregnancy tests and then when I'm done I leave them where they are.

"Danny I've done it," I shout from the bathroom.

"Ok," is all he says and he doesn't come in to stand and wait with me. He's really not dealing with this well.

****Danny's POV****

Elizabeth might be pregnant. My girlfriend, the woman I love and want to spend the rest of my life with could be pregnant with my baby.

Why am I stood here? I should be in that bathroom with Elizabeth supporting her no matter what.

Making my into our bedroom I go in the bathroom I walk up behind Elizabeth and wrap my arms around her waist and placing my head on her shoulder and I feel her breathe out a sigh of what sounds like relief.

"How long do we have to wait?" I ask her.

"A few minutes," she lightly coughs.

And then we stand there in silence for those few minutes.

"Right," she huffs reaching forward and picking them up and when we look down at them they say she isn't pregnant.

"Oh," we both say in unison.

In one sense I'm relieved we're not going to have a baby because well although I want children I know I'm not ready for one yet. But then on the other hand, I'm kind of devastated that we're not going to be having a baby.

"Looks like I'm just really late," Elizabeth nods, "we're not ready for a baby anyway, I mean we've only just started living with each other."

"Yeah you're right," I say in agreement as she throws the tests in the bin along with the rubbish, "maybe in the future ."

"Yeah maybe," she sighs knocking my arms from around her and walking out of the bathroom.

Running my hands over my face and through my hair I shake my head and turn the bathroom light off.

I walk around the apartment and turn everything off and then I shut the bedroom door behind me when I walk in.

Getting into bed I wrap my arms around Elizabeth and I pull her up against my chest.

"I love you," I tell her as I lean over and kiss her cheek.

"I love you too," she tells me as she turns around in my arms so that she's facing me.

"I didn't mean to react like I did," I tell her, "I was just shocked and I didn't expect you to say that."

"It's fine," she slightly smiles, "it's the last thing you would have expected me to say, we're always careful, apart from when we're in the shower," she slowly says the last part, "and just because I'm on the pill doesn't mean it's 100% effective."

"Yeah I know," I sigh brushing a strand of hair from Elizabeth's face behind her ear, "maybe we shouldn't have sex in the shower or sex at all when there's no protection."

"But I like our sex in the shower," she pouts as she moves closer to me and I chuckle.

"You only like it?" I scoff.

"No I love it," she smiles and we both start laughing.

"Just we'll be more careful in the future," I say kissing her on her forehead and then closing my eyes.

"I love you," she tells me again.

"I love you too baby," I whisper pulling her body closer to mine if that's even possible and we both just drifted to sleep.