Chapter 27

Elizabeth's POV

I feel rough. Last night when I got home I decided it was a good idea to drink the vodka that I found and I'm now laid in bed with a pounding headache.

Then my phone starts ringing....

Sighing I pick it up and answer.

"Hello?" I yawn.

"Hey," Ellie chirps down the phone, "I'm so sorry for last night so I want to make it up to you, we're going into town and I'm going to treat you to shopping and a costa and I'm paying for it all, and you have no option so get ready," and with that she hangs up.

                     ***************

So here I am stood leaning against my motorbike waiting for Ellie ten minutes after she said she'd be here

So here I am stood leaning against my motorbike waiting for Ellie ten minutes after she said she'd be here. No surprise there then.

"Hey I'm here sorry I'm late," Ellie says out of breath as she comes running around the corner towards me with a smile plastered on her face.

"It's fine," I lie as I smile back.

"Let's get going to then," she giggles as we make our way into the Mall to shop.

"So listen, I'm sorry I didn't turn up last night, I haven't seen James in a while and that's the guilt trip he used on me for me to not go out and I just totally forgot to message you," she sighs, "you understand right?"

"Yeah," I nod, "it might have been a good thing in the end anyway," I smile.

"Did you meet someone?" She asks not looking happy for me at all.

"Kind of some man wouldn't leave me alone and this guy came over and helped me out and he asked for my number, so I gave him it," I explain.

"That's good," she nods looking guilty about something.

Frowning I leave it alone not wanting to ruin the day and just carry on walking in silence.

                        ************

We've been in five shops and been here for 4 hours and I am currently carrying 10 bags for myself and Ellie is carrying about 25 bags. I only ever seem to leave  a Mall with loads of bags when I go shopping with Ellie. She's going to have to put them in her car and drop them at mine because I can't fit them on my motorbike.

"I need to go to Victoria secret," I tell Ellie.

"Why? You have no-one to get nice for," she forces a laugh.

"Well if things go well with the guy I met last night you never know," I giggle.

Walking into Victoria Secret I straight away start picking out bras and matching things to go with them and once I'm done I run to the changing rooms and start trying everything on.

"El, do you still think about Danny?" Ellie asks from the chair outside the changing room.

"Time to time maybe but not often," I admit.

Why is she bringing Danny up all of a sudden it's been months since I broke up with him.

"James told me that all Danny does is talk about you," she tells me.

"Right," is all I can think to say. What can I say to something like that?

Finally finished trying underwear on me and Ellie go to the check out and I pay for 6 new bras along with the matching thongs.

"I need to go into Ann Summers," Ellie blushes.

"Okay," I laugh a little.

"So why have you brought Danny up after all this time to me?" I ask her as we walk into Ann Summers.

"Because James mentioned it to me," she says but I don't believe her.

Ooooo vibrators, I'm so looking at these. But don't judge, I haven't had sex in months.

Seeing a red vibrator I pick it up and check it and when I look up after deciding I'm buying it Ellie is stood there looking at me weirdly.

"I haven't head sex in months," I simply say to her as we both go and pay for the things we wanted.

"So are you going to tell me the truth or not?" I sigh.

"Truth about what?" She frowns.

"Why you've all of a sudden started bringing Danny up," I frown back.

"He's the reason I didn't come out last nigh," she admits, "he's not coping well at all and James needed my help last night because some place called us and said he was highly intoxicated and starting fights."

"Right," I nod.

"It's not the only time I've not turned up places because of him," she says in a quieter tone.

"Go on," I say without coming across as pissed off.

"He's also the reason I had to cancel going out to the restaurant for your birthday and also when I'm suppose to be coming to yours for girly nights and also what I've really been sorting out when I tell you I've been called into work," she admits all.

"Are you being serious?" I shout throwing all my bags to the floor, "you've fucked me off to go and sort out my ex who cheated on me! Why can't James just deal with him?"

"Because Danny isn't violent when I turn up with James and sometimes James is too busy to go and sort him out," she tells me looking totally and utterly guilty.

"You're my best friend Ellie and you know how much he hurt me yet your there looking after him instead of me as a favour to your boyfriend! Danny has everyone to him I don't! The times I've needed you most and the time that are important and you fuck me off for him! What friend are you though seriously?" I scoff.

"He's in a really bad place and he misses you El," she tries to get me to calm down but I just walk away.

"El come on I'm sorry!" Ellie shouts after me but no I don't want to hear any more.

How could she do that to me? And why is he the one getting looked after? He's the one who broke my heart he's the one who chose to fuck everything up!