Chapter 17

Elizabeth's POV

"What even is this thing?" I ask Danny as I sit at my vanity table doing my make-up.

"It's an old friends birthday party, meal kinda thing," he informs me and I just nod.

Finally finished with my hair and make-up I walk into our walk in wardrobe and put on my outfit.

"Why don't you dress like that for me?" Danny smirks when he sees me.

"Because I'd rather wear joggers and a jumper and be comfortable than wear clothes that aren't," I roll my eyes.

"Yeah but I'd be ripping them off you so you wouldn't have them on for long," he bites his lip as he places his hands on my hips before kissing and biting my neck.

"Come on or we'll be late," I laugh as I push him back and grab my purse and he just groans.

*********************

It has been three hours since we've been at this meal/party thing, which has turned out to be just a posh kind of party with posh foods going about on trays that waiters are carrying around.

Danny has left me on my own for the past hour and a half to go and play pool or poker or something. He didn't even say anything he just kind of walked off and left me. I've tried mingling and talking to other people but they all just look at me like I'm dirt and block me out as much as possible. Most likely because they think I'm some sort of bimbo or something because of hag I'm wearing because guess what? Danny didn't bother to tell me women were required to wear gowns, so here I am in this skirt and top thing whilst every other woman has red carpet looking outfits on. Fair to say I feel like a total outcast but then again I have been a total outcast all my life.

I've tried looking for him and for some unknown reason I can't find him anywhere. Suppose I'll have to just wait.

****************

Another two hours pass by and again no sign of Danny. I've tried calling him and texting him and nothing. It's fair to say I'm not at all happy with him. I'm starting to realise the people Danny knows and fits in with are nothing at all similar to me. The way he's behaving isn't my Danny anymore. He's different.

"Babe," Danny whispers in my ear before kissing my cheek, "are you ok?" He asks as he turns me to face him.

"I want to go home," I tell him.

"It's only 11pm," he frowns.

"I know but I want to go home," I say firmly.

"Well I'll call you a taxi," he nods as he gets his phone out.

"Are you being fucking serious?" I snap turning a few people's heads.

"Elizabeth be quiet and don't talk like that," he scolds, "people are giving us dirty looks."

"You know what I don't care," I scoff, "we arrived here at 6pm and it is now 11pm that's 5 hours three and half of which I have spent on my own with no clue as to where you are," I shake my head, "I have tried to talk to people and join in on conversations and when I do I get given a dirty look and blocked out probably something to do with how I'm dressed considering you didn't bother to tell me the dress code for the women was gowns which by the way I got told by one of the waiters who may as well have told me I look like a prostitute," I raise my voice a little.

"Elizabeth please," he says giving me a look that tells me he is utterly kissed off with me.

"No Danny I will not shut up," I laugh, "all that happens and then you turn up all of a sudden and the have the cheek to tell me you'll just call me a taxi to go home in!"

"I'll drive us home then just shut up," he whisper shouts at me as his grip on my wrist tightens hurting me a little.

"No fuck you! You stay here and do whatever it is you've been doing whilst I've been here on my own," I scoff pulling my wrist from his grasp.

"El," he whispers going to get my wrist again.

"Fuck you!" I say again before walking off and calling myself a taxi as I do.

I can't believe he even had the audacity to tell me he'd call me a taxi to go home on my own. We go to a party together, we leave together. It's how it goes.

I honestly don't know what's gotten into him lately.