Chapter 19

Danny's POV

"I need to go," I tell Joanna as I start putting my clothes back on.

"Why?" She pouts as I look back at her still laid in her bed with the covers off her body.

"Elizabeth will be wondering where I'm at," I huff as I sit on the bed to put my shoes on.

"So what? Stay here," she says as her arms snake around my waist and she starts kissing my neck.

"No I need to go, she'll be home from college soon and I need to get my story straight," I push her away from me gently as I stand up and get my blazer.

"You don't even love her so why are you with her?" She raises her voice.

"I do love her," I snap.

"You can't live her that much if you're fucking me," she scoffs with a smirk on her face.

"Yeah and it needs to stop," I sigh.

"It needs to stop? Are you finishing things with me?" She questions, "If you finish things with me I'll tell her Danny, I'll tell her everything."

She won't. I know she won't and with that I leave.

As soon as I get back I need to shower and change my clothes I can't let Elizabeth smell another woman on me or she'll definitely find out about it.

I love Elizabeth so, so much and I don't want to lose her. She's the best thing that ever happened to me, I can't lose her.

*********************

Unlocking the door to my apartment I shut the door behind me and throw my keys on the side board before walking on through to the living room to see Elizabeth sat there on the couch in silence looking at the wall in front of her. Weird.

"Hey baby, why are you home so early?" I ask as I stay stood in the same place looking at her.

"I thought I'd come home and wait for you," she says smiling up at me. But it doesn't seem normal.

"Oh cute," I nod, "I'm going to go and shower," I say going to make my way to the bathroom.

"Wait a minute I want a kiss," she quickly says jogging towards me.

"I stink," I nervously chuckle, "I'll give you whatever you want once over showered and changed," I say quickly rushing into the bedroom.

Only when I walk into the bedroom there at the end of the bed is two large suitcases.

"Are we going away or something?" I frown back at Elizabeth who is stood behind me at the bedroom door leaning against the door frame with a smile on her face.

"No, I'm moving out, that's just a few of my things I'll be back for the rest of my stuff tomorrow," she tells me.

"What? Why? Where are you going?" I panic as I turn around fully to face her.

"I'll be moving back in with my parents for now and I'm going to start looking for my own place," she smiles walking past me and over to the suitcases.

"But why? I don't understand what's going on?" I frown with my heart racing.

"I'm leaving you," she says with a blank expression.

"What? No. Why? You can't leave me Elizabeth, I love you for God sake you're everything I want, you can't leave me," I say rushing forward to take hold of her hands but she punches me right in the face and I stumble back holding my nose as blood starts to pour out.

"Don't touch me," I hear her voice shake, "I know you're cheating on me," she says masking over the shaky voice and coming out with confidence.

"I don't know what you're on about," I lie.

"Ive got proof Danny," she's scoffs, "there's a video on my phone of you practically eating her face off," she raises her voice a little throwing her phone at me and when I look at it there's a video of me kissing Joanna and my eyes widen.

Shit! Elizabeth knows and now she's leaving me! She can't leave me!

"Baby I'm so sorry," i immediately apologise when I realise there's no way of me hiding it, "I didn't mean for it to happen."

"Don't bullshit me you little bitch, I know you were with her the other night after I walked out your parents house, remember? The night you didn't come home till daft o'clock!" She shouts.

"I didn't mean for it to go this far baby, I finished things with her today, I promise you I did, you can't leave me, I want you, I need you," I start crying.

"What the fuck are you crying for huh? It's not me that's cheated on you! It's you that's cheated on me! I should be the one crying my eyes out! You have no right to stand there and tell me that I can't leave you!" She shakes her head looking at me in disgust.

"Elizabeth please, I love you so much," I tell her.

"Oh yeah you love me? Really? Do you?" She says in an obvious sarcastic sympathetic tone as she places her hands on her chest, "yeah well obviously not that much or you wouldn't have cheated on me would you?" She laughs,"you know I loved you so much, I've put my all into you and this relationship, I moved in with you, I put up with your creepy ass psychopathic bitch of a mother, I put up with your pervert of a fucking brother, I thought you'd be the one I'd marry, the one I'd have children with, the one I'd live the rest of my life with," she shouts, "I never thought you would hurt me, I thought you'd be the one who would be there to pick me up when I was down, the one who would be there through thick and thin but no all that's bullshit now, it's all a shattered fairytale happy ending all over you fucking some other woman! You've ruined everything Danny! It was you that went off and ruined us so don't you dare stand there and tell me you love me because if you loved me that much we wouldn't be stood here having the conversation that we're having," and then she stands there breathing heavily.

"I'm sorry-" I say but she cuts me off.

"No, I'm sorry, I'm sorry for ever thinking you wouldn't and couldn't hurt me, it was my mistake for thinking I could trust you," she sighs shaking her head, "for weeks I knew something was going on, you've been so weird, staying out hours to give me space? You don't do that, you would come home and make sure I was ok but you didn't. And then last night, you leave me on my own for God knows how long and then when you finally come to me I tell you I wan to go home and you tell me to go on my own and that you'll get me a taxi? What boyfriend does that? And not coming home at all? I can't believe I trusted you," she says going silent to the end.

She stands there in silence and then her phone starts ringing in my hand and when I look at it, it has Jack's number on it.

She snatched her phone out of my hand leaving me looking confused and she answers.

"Hey, yeah I'm coming down now," she says before hanging up.

"Jack? Why's he picking you up?" I shout.

"He's my lift home away from you," she spits getting the suitcases and trailing them past me out to go out of the apartment.

Standing there in shock for I don't know how long I realise Elizabeth is going. She's leaving. I quickly run out of the apartment and rush downstairs out of the apartment block as she's putting her suitcases in the boot of Jack's car.

"Elizabeth!" I shout as I run towards her.

She looks at me and then looks panicked as she rushes to get her stuff in the boot.

"Elizabeth you're not going anywhere," I tell her grabbing the upper part of her right arm.

"Get off me," she says through gritted teeth slapping me across the face and when she does that I let go and step back holding my cheek in shock.

"Leave me alone," she says before getting into Jacks car and driving away leaving me there in the car park.