Chapter 28

Elizabeth's POV

Once I'd gotten home I went straight to bed and went asleep. Being angry just drains me out now. I slept for a good few hours and when I woke up I took all my make-up off and had a shower. I left my hair to dry naturally and I put a pair of shorts and a vest top on.

I am now currently sat in front of the TV watching FRIENDS eating popcorn. Well until I hear a knock at my door.

Huffing I put the popcorn on the coffee table before getting up to answer the door. And looky who's here, the pig that cheated on me holding all my bags from shopping today.

"Oh so you've seen Ellie again today then," I say crossing my arms over my chest giving him a fake smile.

"Can we talk? Please," he says in a bit of a pathetic voice.

"No, I said all I had to say when I broke up with you," I shake my head.

"Baby please," he starts to beg.

"I'm not your baby," I spit, "thanks for dropping off my stuff," I say as I take all the bags off him and taking them into the house slamming the door shut behind me.

"Elizabeth come on! We need to talk about this, you never let me explain anything, please, just give me five minutes," he says through the door.

I walk upstairs and out all my bags on the floor before returning back downstairs planning on going back to watch FRIENDS only Danny is still there knocking and saying my name.

"Will you just leave me alone!" I shout as I open the door to see him there.

"No," he shakes his head, "I don't want to leave you alone, I want you back Elizabeth I can't live without you."

"Well don't you think that would have been a good thing to think about before cheating on me?" I sarcastically smile.

"Please, I'm begging you," he pleads, "I don't want you to hate me."

You know what I don't hate him anymore. I feel nothing. I just think of him as the man that broke my heart. I don't hate him, I don't pity him, I just don't feel anything towards him anymore. Not even love.

"I don't hate you," I sigh.

"Really?" A glimmer of hope flashes in his eyes.

"I don't feel anything for you," I shake my head and then all hope goes.

"You don't love me anymore?" He asks in such a hurt tone.

"No," I smile to myself, "no I don't, I just feel nothing, I don't hate you and I don't love you, just nothing," I shrug.

"But Elizabeth, I love you," he says as his eyes start to well up, "just let us try again."

"We can't," I shake my head, "I don't feel anything to you so I couldn't and wouldn't even possibly think about getting back with you, it wouldn't be fair on either of us."

"We can start again-" he smiles trying to persuade me.

"No," I quickly interrupt, "I want to move on with my life now and you need to do that to, if you really love me you'll let me go."

"I don't want to," he whispers.

"But you have to," I calmly tell him, "I did love you, I really did, but you betrayed me Danny," I shake my head, "and now I have nothing for you."

Finally. Freedom. I finally feel able to say I don't love this man anymore, I don't have anything for him anymore and never will. If Ellie wants to help him out she can because he is pathetic and it's clear he's not coping, but it's the price he has to pay for what he did, for his actions. He was my first in Sex, first true love and first for a lot of things. But what he isn't going to be is the man that gets to walk down the aisle as my husband, the man that gets to hold my hand and help me through giving birth, he's not going to be the man that gets to spend every living breath with me and he's not the man I'm going to be thinking off as I take my last breath.

He's not Keeping Elizabeth after all.