Chapter 26

Elizabeth's POV

It's been months since I split up with Danny. He still tries to get in contact with me a little less every week. Nothing more happened between me and Jack and nothing more will ever happen with Jack.

Tonight I'm going out into town with Ellie which is the first time in months, I don't even remember the last time I went out into town.

Sitting at the bar in Kings restaurant with a pint of beer in front of me half full I wait for Ellie, as I have been for the past hour

Sitting at the bar in Kings restaurant with a pint of beer in front of me half full I wait for Ellie, as I have been for the past hour. And for that past half an hour there's been these two old guys staring at me. I say old, they're about 45, so kind of old. But it's creepy.

Getting my phone out of my clutch I call Ellie, putting the phone to my ear as it rings waiting for her to pick up.

"Hey," she says finally answering her phone.

"Hey, where are you? I've been sat here waiting for you for the past hour," I tell her making sure to sound pissed off.

"I have Jamie around he was suppose to leave ages ago, I'll be on my way in five minutes," she tells me.

"Okay, be quick," and with that we both hang up.

I can't believe she's taking so long. There's no way Jamie happened to turn up the exact time I got here, he's so been there for hours. She could have told me she was going to be late and to meet at a later time. But here I am at 10pm on my own.

*********************

Four pints down since me and Ellie were originally suppose to meet up and she still isn't here at its 10:45pm. And my phone starts ringing and straight away I answer.

"Hey, yeah I'm going to have to cancel tonight," she tells me, "I'm sorry for making you wait about and wasting your time but something came up," I hear her giggle towards the end telling Jamie to stop whatever it is he's doing.

"Yeah ok, talk later," I sigh and I hang up.

Putting my phone in my clutch bag I finish my drink before leaving the place.

Walking down the street it's full of people going in and out of pubs and bars.

"Hey sweetie where are you going?" One of the old guys says as both jog up in front of me and I just carry on walking, "I seen you checking us out at the bar and you're just going to leave?" He questions and I frown and give him a dirty look. I was definitely not checking them out.

"Stop," one of them says as they stop in front of me making me come to a stop.

"Excuse me," I say trying to get past but they don't let me, "I said excuse me," I say again trying to get past.