A Day Of Thinking • veinticuatro

Its been a few months and everything has been perfectly fine. Eli got mad at me for not being there in forever but I briefly explained to him what happened and he apologized and said he just missed me. I also made some other friends at school too though.

One girls name was Kylie and the other ones name was Lindy. They're pretty cool and they had just moved to the school when I had stopped.

Everythings been pretty calm though. The guys had tollen me months ago that my kidnapper had gotten arrested so that was a relief and since everything that has happened Kellin and I have been going pretty slow in are 'relationship' if I can even call it that. He also explained it to me how it was 'wrong' and we'd have to wait till I was 18 but we're both fine with that. Just the thought of sex right now is terrifying me but I know Kellin wouldn't pressure me into anything and everything has been and will be consensual.

Right now though it's a saturday and I've just been in my room thinking.. thinking about life.

I mean it would have been totally diffrent if I hadn't been given up and like who are my parents? I dont even know they're names. They didn't give me a last name to know and hold. Im monica. Just monica.

Why would my parents even give me up? Did they think they weren't ready to handle a kid? I would have loved them anyways. I still would, If I would meet them. I would also ask them questions and be a bit hurt that they gave me up but they're still my parents.

Did they have more kids and keep them? Do I have brothers and sisters I dont even know about? Did my mom leave me with my dad? Did he leave me with her?

So many questions filled my mind.

My phone ringed and I jumped, being brought back to reality.

I awesnered it without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Monica!"

"Um hi."

"It's Lindy. Kylie and I were wondering if you wanna go to the mall with us."

"Um yeah sure! Let me ask my dad first though. Hold on."

"Okay." She said. I placed my phone down on my bed and went to knock on justins door.

"Yeah!?" He yelled.

I slowley opened the door and then walked in.

"Hey monica whats up?"

"Nothing.. i was just wondering if I can go to the mall with some friends though."

"Yeah! Sure you can!"

"Okay thanks." I said then quickly walked out of there but then walked right into Kellin in the hallway.

"Hey beautiful I haven't seen you all day." Kellin smiles. I scoffed, and rolled my eyes playfully.

"How about we hang out today? We can go to the movies or shopping, whatever."

"Oh u-"

"I know I've been busy with singing and all but the album is done and now I have time to just be with you."

He has been occupied with work lately and I could hang out with Kylie and Linda any other day.

I thought about it then I smiled and said "Yeah I will love going out with you."

"Great," he smiled kissing me on the cheek and then saying "ill go make us something to eat then we can get going."

"Okay." I mumbled as he was already taking off. I went back into my room and grabbed my phone.

"Ooo Lind I forgot I already had plans to go out with the guys." I lyed. I just couldn't tell her I got a better offer.

"Oh thats okay maybe another time." She said.

"Yeah for sure."

"Okay well bye monica."

"Bye."

Then we both hung up. I went to my dresser and picked some skinny jeans with tears at the knee and just a loose black stylish shirt.

I combed my hair and did my makeup.

"Monica!! Dinners ready!!" Kellin yelled from downstairs. I smiled goofly and sprayed perfume on for a finishing touch then I went down stairs.

"Bon appetit." Kellin said as he placed a plate on the island counter.

"Really? Pancakes? Pancakes at 9pm?"

"Why yes ma'am pancakes at 9pm." He said as sat down and began eating his pancakes.

"Okay well anytime is pancake time." I said as I ate mine that were topped with strawberries.

-

We had finished eating and now we were in the car.

"Where do you wanna go?" Kellin asked.

"I dont know anywhere."

"Okay." He smiled as he grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers.

I smiled at him but then looked back at the road. Everything was quiet and calm except for the very faint sound of twentyone piløts playing on the radio, which was perfectly fine, I love them.

I heard kellin mumbling along so I turned up the sound and yelled along "SHE FELL ASLEEP I MY   CAR I DROVE THE WHOLE TIME BUT THATS OKAY ILL JUST AVOID THE HOLES SO SHE'LL SLEEP FINE.". I heard kellin chuckle then we both sang the next part together and until the song ended. Then onto some other song that we didnt know or care about so I turned the music back down but neither of us said anything else.

I looked out the side window and saw the town as we droved past fast it.

What would my mom think about him? Would she approve of us? I mean hes only like four years older. It wouldnt have mattered if I was 20 and he was 24 so why does it matter now? Like what w-

"Tell me what you're thinking about monica." Kellin said breaking the silence and my thoughts.

"Um wha-what?"

"You were thinking about something. Tell me."

I sighed and turned around to face him.

"I've been thinking about my parents and things lately... I mean just-just like I want to know who they are. What they're like. They didn't even give me a last name." I mumbled. I felt him squeeze my hand and then say "Its okay monica. Everything happens for a reason. Everything. Even the 'horrible' things. It makes you you tougher and better."

"Also broken and scared." I plainly blurted out.

"Yeah it could be scary and it can leave you broken but in the end it does make you stronger... Maybe one day we can just spend the whole day trying to finding your parents okay?"

"Okay." I said. We came to a red light though so kellin stopped and looked at me.

He played with my fingers then said "you know you're so beautiful right?" and kissing the side of my nose.

I quickly pecked his lips and then the light turned green and he tooked off looking back at the road.

"How can I forget when you tell me like everyday."

"I tell you because you are."

I smiled and rolled my eyes kiddingly.

"Where are we going anyways?" I asked.

"You'll see were almost there." He said and then we both went into a comforable silence again.