Presant Day • uno

-15 years later-

"The last few adoptions have been terrible but the next one is going to be perfect." I said as I sighed at my reflection. I had just returned from my forth adoption last night.

Yeah, they just dropped me back off after they got what they wanted. It's happened so many times before I could say I'm use to it but if I did that would just make me realize how messed up society and my life was.

Not only did I have to go through all that, but the constant nightmares make it even harder for me to try to get over it. If only I could talk to someone about it. I think that would help a lot but I'm too fucking frightened to. My adopters had threatened me not to confide in anyone about it, 'turn them in'.

I know there will be no way they would figure out if I did but I know Ms.Gonzales, the main person who's in charge of the orphanage, would definitely want to take this over to the authorities and then they would know for sure but I guess it's not that bad.

I mean not what they're doing to me ,because that's definitely not, but it's okay 'cause they actually brought me back.

You see I learned that you have to pretend like you hate the orphanage. That way when you 'act bad' they will say they're going to take you back for a punishment, at least that's what they think they are doing. I actually really love this place. I mean I should. It's my home.

I finally got caught out of my thoughts as noticed I was on my last strand of hair. I finished curling it, put hair spray then went to the courtyard to reunite with all my friends.

"Monica!" My boyfriend Chris ,on again off again kind of relationship you know since I'm getting adopted here and there, yelled to me and waved his arm for me to come over.

I smiled as I walked to them seeing he was there with the rest of our friend group.

"Hey Chris." I said still with a huge smile. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kissed me on the cheek.

"So how was this adoption? Suckish I'm guessing." He asked. 'Yeah he has no idea' I thought mentally rolling my eyes.

"Yea it sucked and I begged them to bring me back." I lied.

"Good I'm glad to have my baby back.". I smiled again and then one of the ladies in charge peaked out of the building and called all of us back in to have breakfast. I skipped it though along with my girlfriends since none of us were really 'breakfast people' and went to my room. Which is what we always did when one of us came back from an adoption. Which happens more times that it should.

It makes me wonder if anyone else in this place is going through what I am? I put my thoughts aside though as we sat on the bed and I thought I should be the first one to speak "So what did I miss while I was gone?" hoping they would have something good to say like one of the girl got a boyfriend or something so we would all have something to talk about for hours to help my mind from wondering to those memories.

"Not much." My friend Brooke started saying "but I don't know someone said they heard Mrs.Gonzales say that someone "special",' she said air quoting "is coming to the adoption center. We don't know who or if there going to adopt, but they said miss was really excited.".

"Really? I wonder who would come to get Miss so thrilled." I said trying to think. "Maybe the president?" I joked and the girls laughed.

"I wish." Brooke practically yelled "the obamas made some pretty ass kids." She said winking and we all laughed once again. Then moved on to another topic.