▽ Chapter 2

March 30th, 2013 | 9:35 AM

Tiny Toes Daycare

Janelle

I bent down to pick up another stray toy and I put it in a bin. I hated cleaning up the daycare on weekends but at least I only had to do it once a month. I sighed while a wiped down a table when my one of my best friends Jade walked in.

"Hey girl, sorry I'm running behind." She handed a grande caramel frappucino to me.

"It's fine, I didn't even expect your slow ass to be here on time."

She rolled her eyes, "At least I came, shit, I'm still tired from the club last night."

"Me too. I can't believe ya'll pulled me into another club after Safari when you guys knew my ass had to work last night."By ya'll I meant Jade and the rest of my girls, Chelsea and Adrienne.

"Don't complain!" Jade said while sitting in a mini-sized chair, "You know you had fun."

"No one said all that."

"Mhm, don't act like you weren't all hugged up on Tyga, I peeped that."

"Ain't nobody hugged up on no one, he approached me, okay?"

"Yes Nelle, I get it." She stuck her tongue out. "Anyways, did you give him your number?"

"Nope."

"Why not?"

"I'm not interested."

She rolled her eyes, "Bitch shutup."

"I'm serious!"

"Yeah okay, I know you like his music."

"That don't mean I actually like him or anything like that and I'm not one of those girls who are so thirsty for attention from niggas who have money."

"I get it, you ain't a hoe."

"You woulda thought I was a thot."

We both busted out in laughter for a good five minutes. "Well you know how you come off at first, a little cold."

"Jade, within five minutes he was talking about us fucking. He's just like any other guy."

She shrugged. " I would still give him another chance."

"Well that's damn near impossible since no one returns to the same club in the same week." I put all the cleaning supplies away in the kitchen then returned to my desk and retrieved my bag.

"That don't mean you won't end up at the same club again or just see him out in public."

"Don't get your hopes up girl."

"I just don't understand Nelly, you're so fucking pretty and you won't give any guy the time of day."

I shrugged, "I don't really need a guy in my life right now." I shut off all the lights in the building and walked outside with Jade trailing behind me.

"Look Janelle, I know in the last relationship you were in, Chad fucked you over bad but-"

I cut her off, "Jade seriously, I don't want to talk about this. If the right guy comes along, I promise I'll be super nice and super flirty just like you want me to be and if it's meant to be, then we'll be good. But I will not be trekking up and down the streets of LA looking for a man. Ain't nobody got time for that!"

"Aight Janelle, I'm sorry..." She stayed silent as I locked up. I turned towards her and said, "It's fine."

She smiled and linked her arm in mine as we walked away, "So are you goin' to the club with us tonight?"

I shook my head and laughed, "Girl you're so stupid."