▽ Chapter 19

October 25th 2013 |6:47 PM

Dr. Jenner’s Office

Michael

                I looked at Janelle as she sat on the examination table. She’d been crying all night and I wasn’t even sure why. I mean shit, I’m happy she’s pregnant with my seed, I know we’re moving kind of fast but still, I love that woman and I’m gunna love the child that she delivers to me even more. “Baby what’s wrong?”

“I don’t wanna talk right now Michael.” She said in a small voice.

“Janelle—”

“Please.”

I shut my mouth then walked over and kissed her forehead. The doctor came in and smiled, “Expecting Ms. Ortega?”

“I guess,” she mumbled, “I don’t know.”

“What’s the matter Janelle?”

“I just don’t understand… I took the pill every day at the right time and everything and I ended up possibly pregnant, that doesn’t make sense.”

The doctor looked at his chart then said, “Well I can tell you two things, according to the test you took here today, you are definitely pregnant and the pill is only about 95% effective when taken correctly so you just happened to be part of that special 5%.”

“Great.” She said sarcastically.

“How uh, how far along is she?” I asked.

“Well from what she filled out here, saying the date of conception was August 18th and she hasn’t menstruated since, I’d say she’s about nine weeks pregnant and her due date will be approximately May 11th.”

“Nine weeks?” Her eyes widened.

“Yup.” The doctor nodded.

“Oh my god…” Tears started running down her face. The doctor looked at her, then me and said, “I’ll give you two a moment.” He exited the room and I pulled up a chair and sat in front of her. “Janelle, what’s wrong ma?”

“I’m pregnant Mikey.” She whispered.

I chuckled, “I know, that’s why we’re here.”

“But I’m 21 and pregnant… and my boyfriend is about to go on tour for two months and I’m gunna be alone and I can’t do this by myself.”

I took a deep breath and sighed, “Baby if you want me to cancel the tour, I will.”

She shook her head, “No, don’t do that.”

“Look Jah, you know I love you and I’ll be there for you every step of the way even if I can’t be with you. Anything you have to tell me, baby or not just give me a call and I’ll be on the other side of that phone. If you really need me there, I’ll fly back to be with you. Just ‘cuz I’m going on tour don’t mean you’re not gunna be on my mind. I love you. And it don’t matter that you’re 21 and pregnant, all that matters is that you wanna do this and you feel good about it. I know you have doubts but I also know females always fantasize about having little babies to have and hold and have a man there to help raise the child. I would never step out on my woman, or leave my family. We’re family now Nelle and I love you. You love me too, right?”

“Of course I do.”

“Then tell me what you wanna do.”

“Mikey, I definitely do wanna have this baby. I’m just scared a little that you’re gunna be gone but if you really mean what you’re saying, then I have complete faith that everything will be fine.”