▽ Chapter 5

April 1st 2013 | 3:43 PM

Tiny Toes Daycare Parking Lot

Michael

                I got out of my car and locked it. This day was past frustrating. King woke up destroying everything in my fucking house like it was a game, my studio time was cut short because some new up and coming wannabe rapper was taking too fucking long and also because Chyna texted me last minute asking if I could pick up King from daycare and take him home with me until she picked him up. I obviously couldn’t because I was in the studio and when I called her to ask her what the problem is, she didn’t answer so I had to come. He was supposed to get out of school at 3:15 so I was almost 30 minutes late. I walked into the building at it was empty except for one girl wearing a red jacket facing the other way, holding King in her arms as he slept.

I spoke up, trying to catch her attention, “Uh yeah, I’m here for King.” She turned around and I instantly recognized her.

 “Wow, it’s you.” She spoke flatly.

“You don’t seem so excited to see me.” I smirked at her.

“I’m not. You’re thirty minutes late.” She snapped at me; she was lucky she was cute.

“Sorry about that, his mom was supposed to pick him up but she dipped out on me.”

“That’s not like Mia.” She said referring to Chyna while King stirred in his sleep, clinging on to her more.

“That’s what I’m saying.” It was quiet for a moment until I said, “So now that I ran into you again, can I get your number, Miss Janelle?”

She shook her head, “Please don’t try and mack with your child in my arms.”

“I won’t but I mean, you must want my number because you had to have known King was my child and he went here.”

“That’s where you’re wrong actually because we usually call King KC so I wasn’t thinking of King Cairo Stevenson I was just thinking KC Stevenson and Mia doesn’t even look the same from her Blac Chyna days so I didn’t put 2 and 2 together so once again you need to stop feeling yourself and realize that I don’t want you, or your number.”

“Why you so mean to me for?” I asked.

“I’m not mean, I just don’t want to be bothered with you.”

“Why not Janelle?” She looked surprised that I remember your name.

“I don’t need a rapper in my life. All of ya’ll think you’re hot S-H-I-T and all you want is some P-U-S-S-Y for the night. I’m not that type of person and I don’t need to be involved with that mess.”

“That ain’t true.” She shot me a look telling me to shut the fuck up. “I’m not like that.”

“That’s not what you’re music says.”

… I didn’t know what to say.

“That’s what I thought.” She handed King back to me carefully and he started to whine, “No Miss Nelly, I don’t wanna go!”

“KC, it’s okay, your daddy’s here.” She said softly.

“Dwaddy?” He turned his head towards me.

“Yeah lil’ man, it’s me.” I rubbed his head.

“Okay.” He plopped his head on my chest and went back to sleep.

“Look Janelle, I really do wanna get to know you though.”

“Why?” She went around the room and started picking up toys that were lying around.