Ch 27

Yay! The took-forever-to-write chapter.

Song of the chapter: Break On Me by Keith Urban

"There'll be times when someone you know, becomes someone you knew

And you'd do anything to change"

*sobs into a pillow and ugly cries like Kim K*

SOrry sorry, honestly I feel like my rants at the beginning and end are always written at 1am like this one and make 0 sense but make me laugh and dear reader I am sorry if they are stupid or don't make sense. My rants, no,... my life is more dramatic than an episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians.

All right, get your popcorn ready. We 'gon see our OTP at their lows, see James try and fix his major daddy issues with Walter, and a surprise at the end!

READY, SET, GO!

*James*

I felt absolutely devastated.

I was currently drowning my sorrows away with more alcohol than I have ever consumed in my entire life. Taylor had left me. She was gone, and never wanted to see me ever again. I felt like even if I did go to America, what good would it do if she didn't believe me?

"James?"

I turned at the sound of my name and groaned. "Dad, I don't want to talk right now."

Dad was the last person in the world I wanted to see right now.

He sat down beside me anyway, and sighed.

"I will never admit to saying this, but son,..I am truly sorry. For everything. I still do not approve of you dating the American, but I did not think that it would tear you apart like this."

I lost it.

"Walter, I know you are trying to make nice now, but even that is fake. Don't act like you care. You didn't care about me all these years, and you are really going to lie to me right now and say that you do now?"

Walter sat there, stunned at what I had to say.

I downed what was left of my drink and left.

(BYE FELICIA)

I gathered my things and hopped on my plane. I decided to stop thinking about what I should do and just do what my heart told me to, and so I was going after her. But first, I would stop by and see my sister. I never went to see her, partly because my parents loved her way more than Elliot and I. (Elliot is my brother, who owns the club with me). However, she is still family and I heard she had a baby recently. Also, she would probably be a good voice of reason as to what I should do about Taylor.

When I arrived at my sister Jackie's house, she was shocked to see her brother on her doorstep, but quickly let me into her home with open arms. After a bit of catching up and me meeting my niece, I sat down with her and told her about Taylor.

She hadn't really spoken to Walter much over the years, taking Mum's side when things ended. I did too, but I had to stay for schooling while Mum started her new life.

When she heard about how Walter was involved, she was furious.

"I cannot believe he would do that! He has done many awful things, but never something like this. Well, I honestly think you need to give her some time. Going to her right now won't solve anything. She needs space, time to heal with her mum and dad. Give her some space and then reach out.

As hard as it was to hear, she was right. I had really hurt her. She deserves someone who would never hurt her like I have, multiple times. Granted, it was because of my father and Nikki, but I was just as much at fault because it is my job to protect her.

If she would hear my side of things, if she would find it in her heart to forgive me, I would end all of this. I would figure out a way to make sure I could protect her from Walter, from Nikki, from the world.

Because that's what she was to me, and still is; my world.

I will give her time, but not forever. Because my forever is with that broken hearted girl.

"You should call her you know. She was asking about you last time I saw her." I knew Jackie wasn't talking about Taylor anymore.

"I don't know."

"Just call her James. She loves you so much. She might even have better advice to give you about all of this than I do."

I sighed. "All right." And so I took out my cellphone to call the one person who I hadn't spoken to in almost ten years. The one person I was so angry at, but loved so much all at the same time.

"Hello?"

"Mum?"