Ch 30

THE LAST CHAPTER. I'M SO SAD. (See final author's note at the end)

Songs of the chapter:

Wildest Dreams- Taylor Swift

I Could Use a Love Song- Maren Morris

Taylor

It's been a year. It's actually been the most difficult year of my life. However, I have learned and grown from this year. I worked and worked and got a lot of money saved up before I pick up school again in the fall. I had planned on using a little bit of that money to go and see Zoe for a while this summer, but I wasn't quite ready to go back to England. So instead, Zoe and I agreed to go to a place that we had both talked about going to together.

I got off the plane and immediately saw her waving and had already started to cry upon seeing me. I ran into her arms and hugged her for what seemed like hours.

"I've missed you so much," she sobbed.

"You have no idea. We have so much to catch up on! And what better place to catch up and go exploring in than in Greece?"

We spent the entire day exploring the beautiful city of Santorini and checked into our gorgeous hotel. I couldn't believe that we were finally here! It was the most beautiful place that I had ever seen! We really didn't know what we were going to do while being here, but it was going to be an adventure for sure.

Zoe was flirting with a hotel employee (was I surprised? No), and got him to help us take our things up to where we would be staying. Watching her flirt with someone in front of me made me a bit sad, to be honest. I had been on my own for a year now. I hadn't dated anyone else after him. A few had tried, but no one compared to the way I used to feel with him. I couldn't give anyone else the love that they deserved. I had already given it to someone else a long time ago, and didn't know if I could ever give it to anyone else.

We curled up on the hotel couch and got to catching up on how our lives had been since we had last seen each other, and I knew the inevitable conversation that she was waiting to spring upon me was coming.

She sighed. "So, I have to ask. How are you since,...him?"

I thought about her response for a second.

"Part of me is still not over it, and I don't know if I will be for a long time. I was so truly, madly, deeply in love with him. As much as it hurts to talk about, the memories don't sting as much. Some are happy memories now, after time has healed them. I have been keeping myself busy so that my mind won't wander off and think of him, but it still does every now and then. Zoe, I loved him so much, and a part of me always will."

She nodded in understanding, and didn't really say much for the rest of the night, but just listened. She listened to everything I had to say about him, my life since him, and how I have tried to move on.

"You are something else, you know that, T? You are amazing, and so brave. I have to tell you though, he isn't as terrible as you think. He has been doing the same sort of thing, trying to change and make his life better. He has been miserable without you. He told me that Nikki came onto him and that he had no part in it,...and I believe him. I know that you probably don't, but I saw the love you two shared. There was no other girl in the world for him. Just you.

I don't know if that changes things for you, but you deserve to know that. Good night Taylor, I'll see you in the morning."

Zoe's opinion obviously meant a lot to me, and for her to say this made me think about things differently. I had to take some time to process so I decided to deal with it in the morning.