Ch 5

Humming. That is all I heard. There was this annoying buzzing, hum sound blaring from somewhere. I opened my eyes and immediately shut them again. The light was so bright, and my headache was so strong.

I rubbed my temples and padded through the room to find some aspirin. I took sole and plopped back down in bed. Then I remembered.

The humming.

I glanced over to the closed bathroom door a few feet away from my bed that was shut. James must be taking a shower. No biggie.

Wait....what??

Ok Taylor breathe, I tried to tell myself.

Zoe came in and didn't say a word, just sat on the other side of my bed and looked at the bathroom door.

She must've heard the water running and the humming too.

"He um, nothing happened I swear." I put my hands up in innocence.

"I know. I just, he's a great guy." She smiled a wicked smile and went on her way. I tried to throw a pillow at her as she left but she dodged it just in time, making a glass of water tip over.

"Not picking that up!" She shouted.

Ugh. I went to pick up the glass when James storms through the door, only wearing a towel on his waist. He looked like a deer in the headlights.

His eyes scanned for me and immediately relaxed.

"Are you ok?"

I nodded. "Just fine. It was just a glass of water."

I gave him my best smile to convince him I was ok.

"I-I took a shower." He said as he ran his hand nervously down his neck.

"I see that obviously." I giggled and he blushed? Oh that was cute.

"I hope that's ok."

I nodded and went to go continue to pick up the glass and he rushed to my side.

"No no, you'll cut yourself." He tried to take the pieces out of my hands but I pulled away.

"I'm fine James, really."

"No, let me."

"Really, I can-"

"Damn it Taylor! Just, let me." He huffed and stormed out of the room.

What the heck??

I followed after him and stared at him until he was forced to look at me. When he did his expression was still angry.

"I'm sorry Taylor. I, just got really scared yesterday. You could have been hurt, and it scares me how much I cared about what happened to you. I don't know how to, ...never mind."

"It's ok. Thank you so much for what you did. "

"I'd do it again." He whispered.

I walked over and kissed his cheek, but at the last minute he turned so our lips met instead. I giggled into the kiss and so did he.

Who was this man, my neighbor, a club owner, a man with anger, who was protective, scary even, but still so sweet and gentle?

I didn't know, but I would find out.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!!!

Vote/comment if you'd like :)

Cheers,
Maddie