Ch 3

"Tay? Tay? Helloooooo?" Zoe waves her hands in front of my face later as I stare off into space.

"You were dreaming about our hottie neighbor weren't you?!" She squeals.

I flush and nod. What happened a few days ago with James was a little confusing. He almost kissed me, he practically did, but theme stopped it before and went back to class. Before I have time to overthink it, she's pulling me toward my closet.

She goes digging through my closet and fishes out a black mini dress of mine and some red high heels.

"Get dressed! It's Friday and we are going out!" She skips past me and goes to get herself ready. I don't really want to go out tonight, but I have a feeling it will be easier if I just do as she says.

An hour later, I'm finished getting ready. My long hair is in big loose girls and falls to almost my hips. My makeup has a smoky eye look, and my lipstick is the same color as my shoes.

"Zoe, you ready?" I call out and when she emerges, her mouth flies open.

"For someone who dresses so conservative all the time, you look amazing!"

Later once we arrive at a club simply called 'H' in downtown, we go towards the bar immediately. I tell Zoe to order for me and go to grab us a table.

She comes back shortly with tall glasses of this fruity drink I have never heard of and I down it immediately. She gives me a puzzled look and I simply shrug.

We talk for a while and then decide to go out to dance a little. I'm a terrible dancer, but that makes it all the more fun when you aren't expected to be good and you can just relax.

I feel the alcohol in my bloodstream and warming my body as I move my hips or the loud deafening bass.

I move my body to the rhythm and then I feel a paired hands on my waist from behind. I turn my head around to see a strange man, about a foot taller than me with a scary grin on his face. He looks to be in his thirties maybe and gives me the creeps. I pull my hands off of him and take a step back, causing him to move forward as if I'm playing a game with him.

"Where ya goin honey?" He gives off a devilish smile and I start to walk faster and faster towards where I left Zoe. I spot her as she's chatting with another guy in the club but she doesn't see me.
The man finally catches my wrist as we are on the edge of the crowd of people and turns me around to face him. I wiggle in his hold but it doesn't budge.

He drags me out towards the exit and I start to cry as I fight him off with all my might.

He stops as we are right outside in an alleyway and tries to crash his lips to mime as I turn away at the last second. This pisses him off and he slaps me across the face, hard. I stumble backwards at the shock and cower in the corner.

"You better back off of her, now." Someone says from a part of the alleyway that is a shadow. My predator simply laughs and stalks toward me once more.

The shadow shows his face as he comes over to peel the creepy guy off of me. I gasp in shock. It's James!

James pulls him off me and gets right into it. "Stay away from her!" He shouts as He quickly punches him in his face and the man falls backward, unconscious.

He holds a hand out for me to take and he looks,...afraid? His eyes are about to pop out of his head right now and I take his hand and he leads me out to the front entrance of the club.

We stop and sit on the curb. I realize I am crying, but don't say anything, hoping the darkness covers my face. James stares into my eyes with what little light is outside and wipes a tear from my face. He shrugs off his jacket and drapes it over my shoulders.

"Thank you." I say in barely a whisper.

"For what?" His voice breaks a little at the end.

"Everything. H-h-how did you know where I was and get here so fast?"

"Taylor, my brother and I, we kind of....own this nightclub. I was already here and saw what was happening. I'm so glad I did." He rushes out the words and pulls me into an embrace that has me gasping for air.

I pull away from him and kiss his cheek.

"Thank you for saving me."

"Any time."