Ch 29

These past few weeks have been so hard.

Ever since my dad came in and told me that I could and would get through this, I felt a little better. I had gotten out of bed, and was starting to slowly look more and more like a human being and not a zombie.

The only way to get my mind off of him was to keep myself busy with everything I could. I was helping my mom by going to work with her a few days a week, and I was even offered a job by her boss if I wanted it. I didn't think much of it, because I was still uncertain as to what I was going to do with my life after everything that had happened.

Nights were the hardest. When I would have to lie still in my bed, my head rushing with thoughts from the day, and thoughts of him. Keeping myself incredibly busy during the day was fine, but at night I just couldn't help but let my mind think about what he was doing, where he was. Was he happy?

I hoped that he was not as miserable as I was.

(Time jump)

*James*

It had been about three months since she left. I was gradually feeling better each day, but I still felt the same way. I continued the next semester at university without her, and still stayed close friends with Zoe. It was hard for all of us to move on, but we had to.

I came over one night to study for an exam with Zoe, and she had gone into the kitchen to start making some dinner for us while we studied. As I was sitting at the table with her in the other room, I looked at all of the papers laying on the table, and one caught my eye. I took it out from underneath a few others, and started to read.

"Dear Taylor,

It has been so hard not having you here! I miss you so much!! I decided to not find another person to move into the flat with me, it would be weird without you. I miss having class with you, having One Direction dance parties at 2 in the morning, and everything in between. He,..he hasn't been the same either. You have to know, it was a misunderstanding, Taylor. He didn't kiss her and didn't want to. You were the love of his life, and still are. I don't have to ask him to know that to be true. He adores you, even still. I don't think he will ever be able to move on from you.

I hope you are doing well and I hope you can come visit or I can visit you soon!

XOXO,

Zoe"

As hard as I try and hide it, even she could tell that I was not over it. I couldn't believe that it was still that obvious. She was still the girl of my dreams, my every thought. It was so depressing to know that I couldn't find happiness unless that girl who moved in next door to me was by my side.

But I needed to try.

(Sorry, more time jumping)

A year after she left.

Wow. I have actually survived this long. I was feeling good now, and had actually found things to occupy my time. I was still in university, and had actually worked things out with my father. We were on better terms now that I had my mother back in my life and had her to help me see that throwing away my relationship with him wouldn't be worth it. We still had our differences, but I had started working at his company more and more. I had agreed to also assist in doing a few business deals involving Nikki's father, as much as I did not want anything to do with him.

Nikki and I actually became,...friends? Who would have thought.

She had decided to apologize about the...incident, and after that, things between us have been good.

I still think about her all the time. I always wonder if Taylor has trouble sleeping like I do, if she misses me the way that I miss her.

I always go back to what mum said to me about how if it was meant to be forever, we would find our way back to each other. However, that is so hard to believe in while in the bad times of life, when you want things to go your way right now in this moment, not later.

My friends have tried to set me up on dates before, but I either cancel at last minute or end up spending the whole night comparing the woman to her.

Tonight, for example, was no different. I was on a date with a woman named Katy, (I think that was her name, not 100% sure), and I was definitely not listening to a word she was saying.

I finally got the nerve to politely interrupt her and told her that it wasn't going to work out between us. I got up and needed air immediately. I went outside and told Logan that I wanted to walk, despite the rain.

After walking home in the rain and thinking about how I felt, I called Elliot.

"Elliot, it's me. I need to take my mind off of things. I'm thinking we need to get away for a while."

____

HI EVERYONE

I am so sorry that I have not updated in forever! I moved back home from college for the summer and went back to working 24/7 and friends and boys and family and blah so so busy. Anyways, NEXT CHAPTER IS THE LAST ONE. THE GRAND FINALE TO TFFACB. It has been seriously so crazy to write the first story and get such positive feedback from that, and to then have people DM'ing me to make a sequel (this one) !!!! So crazy!

Also, everyone that comments on these chapters that I write, you guys seriously make my day hahaha. Like I get the notifications that y'all comment at work or something and reading them and how much you like what I write always makes me so happy. So go vote/comment/message away if you like what I do or just want to talk or have ideas or opinions on this or other stories.

To Fall For a City Boyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें