Chapter 2

All eyes are on me.

Having explained why Gracie was arrested and my part in it all my parents glare at me, not in confusion but alarm. Jessie, who's now feeding Holly her bottle looks from me to Jock; his face is ashen and he's barely contained.

Standing, he walks to me stopping inches from my nose. I'm face-to-face with Gracie's father as I had been on the night of Caitlin and Rudi's engagement party. I'd pleaded with him then to let me go to her and I'd begged him for his help assuring him of how much she meant to me and how far I would go to protect her.

"I've never seen a man so desperate," he'd said, almost impressed. I can only imagine how much he now regrets giving his blessing and fear he will not grant me the same honour twice. He takes one deep breath then speaks.

"There are many sacrifices a man must make in this life, Max, and while I understand how as a parent you must be desperate to have your boy back, a man does not use his woman as a scapegoat in any circumstance. A man would have said, 'take me, instead'."

"Jock, please..."

"There's nothing more to be said here, except that I will not step foot in this house again and if my daughter has any sense, either will she. Gil, Olivia, I think its best if we find another place to stay. Jessie, stay here with Holly and I'll phone you when I've found us a hotel."

Reaching to his granddaughter he takes her in his arms, holding her for the longest time. A single unchecked tear rolls down his cheek as he takes a strained breath.

"Grandpa loves you little one. Don't forget that."

                                                                                    ****************

I wake suddenly from a dream, my heart pounding in my chest and I'm aware I've been moaning in my sleep again. Gracie's face, still visible from my slumber, is now fading before me; her eyes sparkling with love and mischief and as she falls to her knees, she takes me fully in her mouth. I shake my head to lose the taunting image; I shouldn't do this, not without her but in a way she is here and she's pleasuring me. In a moment of weakness I can do nothing but allow the vision to take control and I realise instantly this is exactly what I need to release some of my built up tension.

I close my eyes imagining her tasting and teasing me and in my thoughts she's pleased with her efforts. I watch her lapping and sucking hard and it's only then I allow myself to participate. Jumping from our bed like a reckless teenager, I throw open the bathroom door with my dick in hand. Fuck, this feels good.

With eyes still closed, I grip hard and yank with Gracie's beautiful face and wanton body fixed in my head. It doesn't take long for the sensations to force a climax and in seconds I'm panting wildly and coming harder than I can ever recall. I fall to the shower floor with her name on my lips, my insides clenching as I watch her image disappear but as I do my fear intensifies, replacing all earlier desire. I sense she needs me just as I need her. I can feel it in my bones.

I return to bed shattered but can only imagine just how exhausted Gracie must be feeling, having spent last night and all day in a cell. Confirming there had been no more news about Monty, DI Brooks had telephoned at lunchtime to reassure me of her welfare though it hadn't worked. I'm still in hell.

Closing my eyes I allow my mind to drift but soon am reminded of this afternoon's nightmare with the raised voices of Jessie and my parents in the kitchen arguing over Gracie returning to Scotland with Holly. I don't care who she is; I won't let her take my girls!