Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Connie Who?

Following the result of the dreaded DNA test and a stress filled week with my parents, I really shouldn't be partying tonight. It hasn't helped either that my mother has been on my case telling me that I need to rethink my future because as far as she's concerned, Mary Donahue, a woman I've never met before, will right now likely be making plans to reclaim my share of her family's fortune.

Since meeting them earlier ahead of my brother's show I've spent most of the evening under the wings of Henri and Ron, and not only have they been a breath of fresh air they've been nothing short of entertaining; something my life has lacked a lot of since starting uni. Even during my relationship with Quentin I'd foregone his party lifestyle in favour of keeping on top of my studies, but now as we approach Old Compton Street at almost midnight the party girl within feels ready for release.

Entering the Soho club we're quickly greeted by an overly sexy waitress with a yummy free cocktail, though on closer inspection I realise 'waitress' he is not. With our jackets safely stowed we head straight to the bar where Henri orders the first round swiftly followed by another, and then a third.

"Right!" Ron yells above my favourite Alessia Cara track. "Let's continue our drinking game from earlier, except now that the adults have gone home we're naming sex toys! And this time the forfeit is double trouble so whoever caves first has to down their own drink along with everyone else's!"

"Connie, you up for this?" Henri challenges.

"Bring it on!"

"F.A.B! And you get to go first, 'cause you're sure as hell gonna run out of guesses pretty quickly and we need you to grace our ears with at least one naughty word, tonight!"

"Oh, shut up!" I sneer, jokingly.

"You don't even swear, babe. What the hell is that all about?"

"Private education?"

"What? Don't make me laugh, girl!"

"I bet I say and know more than you think." Giggling like a schoolgirl I realise my declaration is louder than intended and from beyond Ron's shoulder I'm drawn to the dark eyed gaze of a handsome stranger who's been staring at me since I arrived. Evidently listening to our conversation he offers a cheeky smirk and in my now relaxed state, I pull my long auburn strands off my face, rewarding him with a full on smile.

"Ready boys?" I ask daringly, steeling yet another glimpse of my audience. "Dildo!"

"Butt plug!"

"Strap on."

Crap! It's me again! "Vibrator!"

"Rabbit ears!"

"Bullet!"

"Love beads!"

"Love eggs!"

"Collar!"

"Whip!" Dark brown eyes widen...

"Cock ring!"

"Handcuffs!"

"Riding crop!" I yell, startling myself. I glare at Henri who stands open mouthed clearly in shock, and within seconds the three men whose attention I've rapt, erupt with laughter.

"Jesus, Connie! I didn't think you had that in you. I think Gracie and Max are seriously under an illusion!"

"Swallow!" Ron demands shoving our glasses under his boyfriend's nose, and drinking to his lover's 'down in one' chants, Henri willingly obeys.