Chapter 1: Meeting Them In Gloria Jean's

TWO YEARS LATER

Amber Lee

"Aiden and Zyljan Lee are so hot! I wonder if they have girlfriends." My best friend, Hannah, said while staring at Aiden and Zyljan in a magazine page questioningly. That's the only reason why she bought that magazine. It's because Aiden and Zyljan are there. Like, seriously? What sane person would buy a magazine just because of that? I shuddered at the things she said, and she glared at me.

What? It feels weird for me.

"I know, right? I wish Aiden and I could meet and we'll live happily ever after." My other best friend, Stacy, said dreamily and I prevented myself from chuckling.

But anyway, how can they say that? Especially those things? In front of me? I know they don't know but it's still kind of creepy hearing those things about my brothers. I would rather swim in an ocean full of sharks than hearing those things coming from my best friends. That's like, weird—and disgusting. I mean, that's my brothers they're talking about!

Now, you must be wondering why I said they are my brothers when they are the sons of a billionaire and I'm just plain old Amber.

Well, I'm also their sister. 

Tada.

Two years ago, my parents came up with a plan—and a stupid one, if I may add—that I should come here in Canberra, Australia for something they can't seem to tell me about. I still remember our conversation like it was just yesterday.

I grabbed the magazine from them and stared at the sight in front of me, wondering what they're doing right now. I really miss them. It's been two long years since I last saw them in person. I didn't even have the chance to say goodbye to them when I was about to leave. It really sucks. Mom made me move faster cause I might miss my flight.

Like there's no personal airplane I could ride if I miss my flight.

"I wonder where their sister is. She's not there in every photo shoot they have for the last two years. She's usually always in the picture." My other best friend, Sophie, said. Once those words escaped her mouth, I froze on my spot.

This is what I told Mom when we talked a few months after I arrived here in Canberra but she didn't listen. Now look at what's happening right now. I can't tell them that the only daughter of the multi-billionaire is here with them right now. They'll freak out! They'll laugh at me and think I'm going crazy. As much as I love my best friends to death, I can't blow my cover.

Mom didn't even tell me the reason why I have to keep this disguise on. She just told me that my disguise and I are going to be the best of friends.

Yipee.

Not.

"Yeah and it's such a coincidence that she has the same name as Amber." My other best friend, Drake, said and they all looked at me.

"What? It's just a name. What's with that? Amber is a pretty common name." I reasoned out and they went back to their own business. Amber really is a pretty common name, you know.

My parents named me Amber because of my eyes. I have amber eyes, same with Aiden. Zyljan's the only one who has hazel eyes. Aiden and I's eyes came from our father, while Zyljan's eyes came from our mother. It's such a shame that they can't see my amber eyes because of my contacts.

I heard my phone buzz beside me, and I saw that I have two new messages. I opened it and when I saw who it was from, my eyes almost bulged out.

From: Aiden