Chapter 33: Bright Colors

His shocking words made my incapability to speak wake up to life. It was completely unexpected, to be fully honest. It was just like, poof! Surprise! Like, what?

And look at him! How can he keep a straight face after he told me what he said? Can't he be, I don't know, more like me? Nervous, panicked, fidgety? Ugh, why does he have to be so freaking perfect?

Please tell me how this beautiful guy in front of me possibly have feelings for me.

I just continued staring at him, and that's when I noticed that he's a bit uncomfortable already. I mean, I'm literally just staring at him without saying anything and he's staring back at me with a gleam of hope in his eyes. Okay, woah.

"Well," he started. "say something. You're killing me in suspense here."

I snapped out of whatever reverie I was in and stared somewhat doubtfully at him. "I'm the girl you like?" I laughed in mere amusement. "Now that's a great joke."

He frowned at me. "Yeah, is it really that hard to believe? And no—it's not a joke."

"Wait, no?" He nodded his head. "So it's not a joke?" I asked, my eyes widening slightly.

How can that be possible? I mean, seriously, how?

He just chuckled and pulled me closer to him, trapping me in his tight and nice embrace. "I like you, Amber. You and only you." He whispered, his words making me shiver slightly—in a good way. It held a silent and solemn promise, making it even more special. I can't even explain what I'm feeling right now except for being totally overwhelmed.

He pulled away, but kept me close in front of him. "Even if you don't reciprocate the feelings, you're still the only girl I'll ever like—or love, depends on how everything goes by."

I still said nothing. Frozen like a wood. My mouth is running dry and a lump started to form in throat. I am still rendered speechless. Everything feels like a dream. It's seriously so surreal, and this is the one thing I never expected coming my way.

"I think you won't be saying anything quite awhile, so I guess I'll keep talking." He heaved in a big breath and release it loudly afterwards. "Amber, I know I probably sound stupid right now, and it's not a secret that I'm already making a fool out of myself, but I really want you to know that I like you. So damn much. I absolutely don't know if you feel the same way because you still haven't said anything, but I'm seriously nervous as hell. I can't promise you that I'll be the best guy ever, but I can promise you that I'll be the best guy who'll be by your side whenever you need me. I know that everything I'm saying is so cheesy, but—"

"Chase?"

He stopped talking and just looked at me questioningly. "Yeah?"

"Shut up."

I pulled him closer and kissed him. He seemed shocked at first, but he kissed me back after awhile. He pulled me even closer, not leaving even a single space between us. I snaked my arms around his neck and played at the nape of his hair. The kiss seemed so passionate, so real, so. . . dream-like. It held so much emotion and he really kissed me like he really means it. If he wasn't holding me right now, I'm pretty sure I'd be falling because of how much my legs feel like jell-o. My heart is even thumping violently in my chest, and I feel like there's a massive butterflies occupying my stomach.

He pulled away first, but he rested his forehead against mine. He gave me a heart melting smile and I smiled back with the same enthusiasm. "I like you too." I said and pecked him on the lips once more.

His smile widened and pulled me in for a tight and bone crushing hug. "You just made me the happiest and the luckiest bastard on Earth." He whispered on my ear, then he kissed my forehead afterwards.