Chapter 28: Hangover

I woke up with the sun shining down my face, and a killer hangover to match with it.

We didn't exactly finish the game; we just kept talking at each other and took a turn in taking a shot of Tequila. I think Ian is the most drunk between all of us because he mixed his Tequila with Jack Daniels and Black Label.

Needless to say, he's absolutely drunk off his mind.

I groaned and rolled off my bed lazily, making me land with a loud thud. I stood up in a sluggish manner, my head still pounding loudly.

After I took a bath, I threw on a pair of blue jeans, a black tank top and a gray hoodie.

I absolutely looked like shit, and I couldn't care less about my appearance right now. My head hurts too much to actually care.

I grabbed my bag and my phone sitting on the bedside table before descending the stairs.

I popped some Aspirin in my mouth and leaned against the counter as I groaned because of how much my head actually hurts.

"Hey." I heard Aiden say beside me and I groaned while shooting him a death glare.

"Don't shout!" I hissed as I massaged my temples.

"Oh, right. Hangover." He stated quietly as he grabbed an apple and took a bite out of it.

"You look like shit." He remarked and I shot him another glare.

"Thanks for the complement." I said sarcastically.

"Come on, let's get to school." He said as he pushed himself off the chair and grabbed his car keys.

I followed him out with my bag on my shoulder. I opened the door on his car and got in as I threw my bag on the side. He also got inside the driver's seat and revved the engine. He started to drive to school as a comfortable silence hung upon us.

"Hey, I have a question." Aiden asked, breaking the silence upon us.

"What?"

"When does this whole fake dating thing end? I mean, it's bound to end sometime, right?" He asked, a thoughtful expression plastered on his face.

I shrugged. "When our parents and Chase's parents wants it to end."

His face scrunched up in confusion. "Don't you also like have a decision for when you want things to be over between the two of you?"

"We do, but it's majorly just their decision." I replied while looking out the window.

"Just their decision, or you just don't want things to be over between the both of you?"

Okay, that question completely caught me off guard. I don't even know the answer to that question. It's not everyday that he's this frank with me.

"Den, I love you and all, but I don—"

"You like him, don't you?" He interrupted me and my jaw dropped instantly.

"What?" I stuttered as he sighed and muttered something along the lines of "I knew it."

"This is going to be extremely weird to tell you but. . ." He trailed off and I looked at him expectantly.

"Chase," he sighed. "Well, he likes you too, and not just as a friend."

My breath hitched, and I tried to suppress an excited squeal to come out from my mouth. Keyword, tried. Because in the end, I did end up squealing loudly.

Aiden groaned in front of me as the car came to halt, indicating that we arrived in school already. He turned to me, a look of annoyance and concern lacing in his face.