Chapter 35: Feelings

• Dedicated to To all the people who read my story

Chase Peterson (you can thank me later ;) hahahaha)

"Dude, you are so definitely and thoroughly whipped." Brian said with a tinge of amusement in his voice and a laugh that followed. I rolled my eyes at him while Sean just shook his head with a smile.

"Shut up. It's not like you haven't been this whipped before."

His laugh was cut short and he turned to me with a menacing glare. I smirked at him. He hates it when I bring his ex up. She was the exact reason why he refuses to fall in love again. She just ended up breaking his heart when she left for Sydney and found another guy there. He was a mess when he found out what she did. It was the first time I ever saw him break down because of a girl.

"Probably not the best comeback out there, Chase." Sean said while sneaking a glance at Brian, who is still adamantly glaring at me. I let a chuckle escape my lips.

"Oh he'll get over it. Besides, we never know, he might fall in love again, and he might be as whipped as the last time." I replied and Brian shook his head at me.

Why can't he just accept the fact that him falling for another girl is possible beyond imagination? He knows that being in love is inevitable, and he can't escape it even if he try.

Believe me, I tried, but it's just not possible. Especially with a girl like Amber.

"Well, what if that really happens, Bri? What would you do then?" Sean asked and I looked over to Brian to see his reaction.

He sighed. "Accept it, I guess. I mean, it's not like I can avoid it, right?"

I grinned. Now there's the sensible Brian that I know. He might have a smirk etched on his lips all the time and he might flirt with every girl, but beneath all that, he's a really sensible guy. He thinks things through before acting upon it.

"Finally, you rea—"

I stopped whatever I was about to say and fished my phone out. Amber's name flashed on the screen and I grinned instantly. I answered it immediately without hesitation.

"Hey Teddy." I greeted and her sweet laugh visited my ears. My grin instantly widened.

"Hey." She said. "Where are you?"

"Why? You miss me already?" I replied cheekily.

God, this girl will be the death of me. If only she knows how much she makes me happy. If only she realizes how lucky I am to have her.

She snickered. "Nice try, Peterson." I laughed. "Anyway, I just wanted to remind you that the party starts at seven tonight."

"Copied." I said. "What is the color of the dress you'll be wearing?"

I could practically see her smirk through the phone. "Why? You want to match colors?" She asked and I smirked.

"Wouldn't dream of it, Miss Lee." I replied and she laughed. "I'll be wearing a sky blue colored dress." she said.

"Perfect! I'll be the one wearing a sky blue colored tie."

Her laugh filled my ears once again. I could listen to that sound all day and be completely contented with life. "Funny, because that's Austin you're talking about." She replied.

I faked a gasp. "You're not taking me as your date?" I asked while looking at Brian and Sean who are looking over at me in amusement.

"You're so whipped." Sean mouthed at me and I winked in reply.

There's no use denying, it's true anyway. I like that girl far too much.

"Nope, still Austin. Just like every year." she said and I shook my head.