Chapter 22: The New Students

"Hey, did you guys hear?" Hannah asked, standing in front of us while clutching her books tightly against her chest.

Looking at her with curiosity, I said, "Hear what?"

"There are new students coming today!" She exclaimed excitedly while jumping up and down on her place.

"New students?" Ian asked, excitement glistening in his eyes.

"Yes! Oh my gosh, I am so excited to see what they look like!" She gushed, while the others just looked over at her in amusement.

"Meh, they'll probably just look like the others anyway." Paige said while looking at her nails, trying to convey the message that she couldn't care less. Well, that's Paige for you.

"Come on, Han. We'll be late for our French class." She said while linking arms with Hannah. I sighed at their retreating backs and turned to Aiden and the others, who was looking at me, amusement swirling in their eyes.

"I didn't remember Paige being that," I paused, trying to find the right word. "ignorant."

They chuckled at my choice of words while Dylan just snorted and leaned back on the locker behind him. "She's ignorant alright." Dylan replied bitterly, earning a confused stare from me, Chase, Aiden and Blake.

"They're fighting." Austin informed and I nodded my head in understanding. Then, suddenly, Xander and Megan arrived beside us, making me stare at Dylan, who was already looking at me with a knowing expression.

When Megan saw me, she smiled at me and wrapped me in a bear hug. "Hey Ams." She greeted and I smiled at her, although it was somewhat fake, seeing as I don't exactly trust her yet.

"Hey." Xander greeted, directing his statement to me. I nodded in response, and at the corner of my eye, I saw Dylan giving me a look of disbelief. He pulled me near him and whispered, "What the hell is happening? Why was that bitch hugging you?"

"I'll explain everything later." I whispered back and he nodded his head. He started backing away from me, to prevent any suspicion to occur in their minds.

"Well, I better get going. I'm going to be late for History." Dylan said, Shane and Blake instantly beside him.

"Bye guys." I said, and they waved before making their way to History.

"Come on Ams. Let's also get going, or else we'll be late for Trigo." Aiden said and I nodded as I gathered my things. He waited for me and threw his arm around me when I was beside him. I miss Hannah already. I really hate Wednesdays. Hannah doesn't have Trigo as first class, so we're not together. She has French, which means her and Paige are together right about now.

When we arrived at Trigo, Aiden and I sat at our usual seats and I started writing random things that fascinates me. The room suddenly turned quiet and I was curious as to why they suddenly turned so quiet. I looked up from my notebook and cocked my head to the side to see what was going on. And when I did, my eyes widened and I has the biggest grin plastered all over my face.

"Drake!" I said, and his head instantly snapped up to meet mine, making him grin at me.

"Hey Ams." He greeted and went inside, seating on the vacant seat beside me once he arrived in front of me.

"Oh my God, I didn't know it was going to be you!" I said happily and he chuckled, but he still had a confused expression plastered in his face.

"Didn't know I was going to be what?" He asked and I chuckled.

"The new student, silly." I replied while chuckling, making him also chuckle beside me.

"I think you mean students." He said, and I was left with a confused expression clouding up my face.