Chapter 2: Hanging Out

I woke up with someone constantly jumping up and down my bed, and someone shaking me again and again. I peered my eyes open and saw Mike jumping up and down, while Jessica was shaking me.

Someone's going to die young.

I groaned and sat up on the bed. I rubbed my eyes and looked at them with a bored expression on my face, while they're looking at me with a grin that's practically permanently glued to their faces.

"What?" I asked, my voice still hoarse.

"Breakfast's almost ready." Mike explained, Jessica's twelve year old brother.

"That's all? After everything the two of you did, that's all you have to say?" I asked with a disbelieving look on my face.

"Yeah, that's all." Jessica said with a grin.

Yup! It's official. My cousins are totally crazy. I have crazy running in my genes. 

There was this one time where Austin, Jessica, Aiden and I went some birthday party and since the outfit that was on the invitation clearly said to wear formal, Austin ended up going there as a tree. A freaking tree! I was completely embarrassed when we were called up stage by family and had Austin looking at the guests with a grin.

To say that the guests were shocked would a complete understatement.

How I ended up being related to them, I have no idea.

"Well you guys could have just woken me up the nice way! Not like what you did earlier!" I complained and they just chuckled.

"Where's the fun in that?" Jessica retorted and I rolled my eyes at her while a grunt escaped my mouth.

"Yeah and it's not like you haven't gotten used to it for the past two years you've been living here. That's always how we woke you up. Get used to it!" Mike added while I just crossed my arms over my chest.

"Yeah, yeah." I replied without any emotion and stood up from my bed, walking over to my dresser to get a tie for my hair, and pulled it in a messy bun.

I'm not wearing my disguise, so my auburn hair flowed naturally in my back before I pulled it in a bun. My amber eyes are shown clearly, my blue contact lens removed. The fake face mask that covers what my face really looks like is also removed, showing what my face really looks like.

I turned to look at my cousins and they motioned me to go downstairs, so that we could eat our breakfast. We made our way downstairs to find Aunt Emerald cooking breakfast, and Uncle Evan watching television.

"Good morning, Uncle Evan. Good morning, Aunt Emerald." I greeted and walked beside Jessica.

"Good morning, Amber." Uncle Evan replied, not taking his eyes off the screen.

"Good morning, sweetie! Breakfast's almost ready." Aunt Emerald said with a smile and Mike looked at me with a smug look on his face.

"What I told ya." He said and I just rolled my eyes at him while Jessica just giggled beside me.

After a few minutes, Aunt Emerald called us and told us that breakfast's ready. We made our way there and sat on our usual spot. I sat beside Jessica, while Mike is sitting across me, leaving Jessica with no one across her. Aunt Emerald is sitting on the end of the table, while Uncle Evan sat on the other end.

We started eating what Aunt Emerald prepared, which is bacon and eggs. I ate quietly and so did Jessica, while Mike was eating like a pig. I shot him a disgusted look, but he just grinned at me.

Ew, he's definitely going to make his future girlfriend run away with manners like that.

"Amber, how are your parents?" Aunt Emerald asked and I looked at her.