Chapter 6: I Officially Hate Chase Mitchell Peterson's Guts

When I got home, I told aunt and uncle, Jessica and Mike about what happened to Grandpa, like what Mom told me to do. I gathered them in the family room and that's when I dropped the bomb on them. Auntie was crying like no tomorrow, while Uncle just kept on comforting her. Grandpa is Auntie's father anyway. Who wouldn't cry when your father has a heart attack? Mike clung to Jessica like his life depended on it and Jessica was trying to hold back sobs.

I sighed and stood up from my seat, making my way towards Jessica and Mike. I touched Mike's shoulder and he clung even more to Jessica while Jess hugged him, silently crying.

I hope Grandpa would be okay. I really don't want him to be gone yet. Please let Grandpa be okay. I'll do anything just to let Grandpa live. Just please let him be alive.

I sat beside Jessica and said, "Zyljan booked us a flight to Halifax. The plane leaves tomorrow at 7 AM. We should start packing our things."

She nodded and I sighed again. I went out the room and made my way to my room, packing my stuff for tomorrow. I got out one of my luggage and zipped it open. I opened my walk-in closet and grabbed the first thing I could grab. I threw it on the bed and sat on the bed cross-legged, folding the clothes I put on the bed. I put the folded clothes on the luggage and stood up from the bed, grabbing some shoes I feel comfortable wearing. I put it inside the luggage and grabbed some jackets, folding it into place and put it inside. I zipped the luggage close and let it stand on the wall.

I lied down on the bed and sighed heavily. I grabbed my phone, then it suddenly started ringing.

I pressed answer and put it against my ear.

"Hey Han." I answered and I heard her squeal on the phone.

I pulled the phone away from my ear and winced. When she finally calmed down, I put it against my ear again.

"What's up your bum?" I asked and she took a deep breath.

"Ams, I'm going to finish high school in Detroit!" She said excitedly and my eyes went wide.

"What?" I answered and sat up on my bed.

"Remember when I told you that my parents are not here in Canberra?" She asked and I nodded.

Once I realized she can't see me, I said, "Yeah. What about it?"

"Well, they're in Detroit! Mom called me last night and said that Lucy and I should take the next flight to Detroit. I looked it up, and the next flight is tomorrow!" She said and I went silent.

"What time?" I asked, trying to control my voice.

"Um, wait. It's at 6:45 AM." She replied and I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Will you be there to see me?" She asked and I sighed.

"I-I'm sorry, Han. I can't. My family and I have to go somewhere else tomorrow." I replied and she sighed.

"I understand. Where will you be going?" She asked curiously.

"In Halifax." I replied silently and the other line went silent.

"You're going to Canada?" She asked, and I can hear the excited tone on her voice.

"Yeah." I replied and she screamed. I pulled the phone away and winced again.

This girl is going to be the cause of my deafness.

"Han!" I said and she calmed down.

"Sorry." She said but her tone says otherwise. "But did you know that Stacy and Sophie are going to be in Halifax tomorrow?" I faced palm myself.

"What?" I answered glaring at nothing.