Chapter 22: The Lies You Tell

Thursday

Charisma POV

I woke up at about 8:30 this morning and realized I was gonna be late for school; something my mom would beat my ass for. I drank alot last night but not enough to get a hangover.

Luckily, Kenny wears about the same size as Dri and I so that saves me the trouble of trying to sneak in my house to get some clothes.

I'm not going to pretend that I like Kennedy that much, at least not to other people. She confirmed my original conclusion that she's not a good mother. Sam was actually in the house last night while what was going on, went on. I swear I don't understand her. I know my brother, and if he found out Kennedy did that, he would kill her. I mean seriously, he's a hit-man, don't try him.

I'm thankful for the ride to school though.

Rico POV

I was at my locker getting my stuff out for the day. I took my YMCMB hoodie off and put it in my locker as I pulled my shirt down. I noticed my boys walking up to me from both directions.

"Yall 'bout to jump me or somethin'?" I joked.

"We just wanted to see if you were cool." Dre said.

"I'm good, why wouldn't I be?"

"Dri told us yall broke up."

"And?" I asked. "I'm cool over here." I told them. Alex asked me what happened. "Jamie came in my house, in my damn room tryna rape me 'n shit and Dri came over and saw her on top of me wit no clothes and she lost it."

"How the hell she even get in the house?" Manny asked me.

"My aunt's stupid ass friend let her in. I didn't even touch Jamie but I guess I see what Dri saw was enough. I haven't fucked wit Jamie in five months." I told them honestly. Where the hell is my biology textbook?

"That means you cheated on her before, cause you and Dri been together for six months." Ques added.

I stepped back to get a better view of my locker. "Okay we all know I'm not perfect Ques, damn, but shit happens and there's noth-"

"Excuse yo ass, nigga! Boutta mess up my damn shoes!" Some girl with a strong ass Brooklyn dialect said, I was shocked when I realized it was Dani. "Yeah, it's me. Can I borrow ya hoodie?"

"Why?" I said. She had the nerve to ask me why she needed a reason. "Because it's my damn hoodie."

"My teacher is making us go outside for somethin and I needa red hoodie to wear so I won't get bit by mosquitoes..plus it's gon match my outfit." She walked over and took my hoodie out my locker and walked into the bathroom. I shook my head.

"Don't pretend like you don't love her bro." Alex told me, right back on topic.

"How's your wrist doing by the way?" I replied.

"Haha, you not funny." he said. Dani came back and put a shirt in my locker right before I closed it.

"Why you take your shirt off? Don't be havin my shit smellin like Victoria's Secret, D."

"I have to talk to you but you look stressed. I thought I was your favorite person?" she said.

"Don't piss me off and it might stay that way." I told her.

She stared at me for a second before Manny said something and her sprung ass hung onto every word.

"You got somethin on under here?" Manny asked her.