Part 18

Harry ran after me, but I got to the bathroom first. What had I done? I was engaged! I felt horrible. I didn't want Harry's feelings hurt because he was really nice to me. But maybe the kiss didn't mean anything to him? I would have to face him sooner or later, he was outside. I washed my hands and let the cold water touch my wrists. I grabbed lots of paper towels and dried my hands and wiped everything off my face. Once I looked presentable, I walked through the door, where Harry was waiting for me. "Y/N, can we talk?" I nodded. "Look, I'm the one who should be sorry. You-you're engaged." He said, a little disappointed. "No, Harry. It's not your fault. I was the one that kissed you." I replied, biting the inside of my lip. We just stood there, both of us silent. "There you are! We're all waiting for you to go back to work." Rose said. Great. Now I had to go back to work. We joined everybody else and headed towards Modest. I didn't really talk to anyone on the way back. I just felt so weird. How could I have done that to Sam? But the little voice in my head told me it was okay. It was just a kiss. And we did stop when we realized what we were doing. But I wasn't going to tell Sam. He was very jealous. Too jealous. And if I told him he wouldn't treat Harry nicely for starters. Who knew what else he could do to him. I decided to not run that risk. We were almost at the office once again and Harry was walking behind all of us, hands in pockets and looking at the ground. I walked slower to reach his pace. "Um, Harry?" He looked up and turned his head to look at me. "Could we please keep what happened before a secret? Sam's the jealous type." I whispered. "Sure, we can even forget it if you want." He whispered back and sped up to walk beside Liam. That's definitely what I didn't want. I just wanted us to get along just as well as I get along with the boys. I would have to talk to him later. I wanted to clear things up because we were leaving on tour in a few days. We got to the Modest building and we stood there for a while chatting, well except for me and Harry. "Well boys, I think we should get going. We're already pretty late to work." Thani said. "Yeah, but it was a pleasure meeting you all." Rose added. "We had lots of fun. We'll see each other soon." I said with a smile. Harry just lifted his head to see what I had to say and then once again found a keen interest on the ground. We started hugging each other, saying goodbye and exchanging numbers quickly. I found that it was easier just to hand my phone around so they could type in their numbers. Harry was the last person I hugged. I had my phone in my hand. "Listen, Harry. We need to talk. Type in your number and we can go have a coffee or something to finish our conversation. Is that okay?" He smiled a little and grabbed my phone. "Y/N!" Niall shouted. "What?" I asked turning around. "I put my phone twice! Can you erase the contact I just made later?" I laughed, nodding. I turned back to Harry, who had already finished writing his number. "Oh and could you put yours in mine?" "Of course." He gave me his phone, where I added a new contact and wrote "Y/N". I smiled to myself and handed it back to him. "Well, I really have to go now. It was nice meeting you." I said. He gave me a warm hug. "I'll see you soon, Y/N. Take care." "You too. Bye guys!" I responded, catching up with Thani and Rose.