Part 20

I ran quietly behind Sam, ready to make up an excuse if Thani wasn't there. He stood outside his door. "Oh hi, Thaniya. Didn't see ya there." Thank. God. I let out a sigh of relief. Sam looked at me, smiling. He walked back in and closed the door behind him. I stood there, waiting for whatever he had to tell me. He came to me, pulling me towards him. "I missed you. I've been too many hours out." He said, fiddling with my top. "Sam, come on. Thani's right outside. We can continue this some other time." "Mine or yours?" "I don't know. I need to go back to work, okay?" Sam and I didn't live together, although we were engaged. He wanted to wait until we were married, which I found strange but I respected him for it. I hurried back to my office before Sam noticed I was still sticky. As soon as I sat down, ready to get back to work, my phone buzzed. Should I see who it was or continue working? Curiousity got the best of me, so I looked at the message. It was "Harry My Sunshine".

-hey. i like your name on my phone. :)

-hi! i think yours will be a problem if my bf sees it haha

-really? you can change it if you want.

-nah, i'm willing to take the risk. ;)

-so, can you hang out?

-now? i'm "working"

-aw, well tomorrow afternoon?

-so we can finish talking? yeah, i don't mind. :)

-cool, see you then. Xx

I was so happy that things turned out fine with Harry, although we still had to talk, but I was genuinely happy and that made me catch up with all the work I was behind on. I had even finished everything early. I went to talk to Sam. "Sam, I'm finished for today. If you don't need me, I'm gonna leave." "Who says I don't need you?" "Well, what do you-" "It was a joke, babe. Get some rest. See you tomorrow." "Do you wanna go grab dinner later?" "Um, sorry. Not really in the mood." "Okay. Bye then."

I got home and Esha was lying on the couch. "Hey." I said, walking past her to throw my things in my room. "Since my fiancé rejected me on going out for dinner, would you like to go with me?" "I'm your second choice?" She asked, looking at me offended. A smile crept on her face. "I was joking, Y/N." She started laughing and I joined in. "Since you're being so nice to me, I think we could use some company, right?" I said, raising my eyebrows. "As in?" She replied, serious now. "Hm, I think I'll check if they're available first. But I won't tell you who." "Fine." She muttered. "I'm gonna go shower. Or you can go first if you want." "Okay, thanks." She smiled and hurried off. I texted Harry.

-I'm free tonight! My friend and I are going to go have dinner, wanna come?

-Hey! Really? That's awesome! I would really like that. :)

-Can you bring someone along? Like Niall maybe? :)

-Of course. We'll be picking you up in an hour.

-Hour and a half, please? I still have to shower and get ready.

-Fine hahaha See you soon. Xx

Yes! I stood in the hallway, close to Esha's bathroom door. "ESHA! THEY'RE PICKING US UP IN AN HOUR AND A HALF!" "Cool! I'm already out. You can go shower if you want!" I didn't realize I had taken that long to talk to Harry. Well, it was true that I kept rephrasing every sentence I wrote to him. I shook off my thoughts and went to my room. I had a little more than an hour to get ready.