Part 19

"Oh my god. We're so late." Thani told me as we walked in towards the elevators. Rose sped away since her workplace was right at the entrance. "Don't worry, I'll talk with Sam." She gave me an anxious look. "It's okay, Thani. Seriously. For one day that we come back late." She nodded, trying to convince herself. "And plus, we don't even know if he'll be at the office. He always comes back late after lunch meetings." After I said that, she looked calmer. I really wasn't sure he wouldn't be there standing by his door, waiting for us to come back. Ding! I took a deep breath, ready for whatever was coming for us. Thani waited for me to walk out first, so I stepped on the hall as if nothing had happened. The first thing I looked at was his door. He wasn't standing beside it nor was the door closed. That meant that he was either doing something somewhere else like getting coffee or making copies. But it could also mean he still wasn't back. I hoped it was the second. Today had been a nice day. But I didn't want to share what I did with him. And definitely not the whole kissing Harry part.

I walked to the door of my office, saying goodbye to Thani. I decided to not start working just yet. I went inside Sam's office. Papers weren't scattered around his desk. Everything was neatly put away, which could only mean he wasn't here. I smiled, happy, because I knew Thani wouldn't get lectured by him. "Oh hi, baby." Sam said, approaching me from behind and kissing my cheek. I turned around. Wait what? He saw my puzzled expression. "I just got back." "Ohh. I wanted to say hi." "But you and Thaniya and Rose haven't just arrived yet, right?" he said, narrowing his eyes at me. I wasn't sure if Thani was at her desk at that moment but I would have to talk with him until I was sure. "Of course not. Didn't you see Rose at the entrance? And well of course you saw Thani, I suppose." He nodded, agreeing. "Well actually I don't remember seeing Thani." He said again, walking towards the door. "Wait!" He looked at me, quizzical. "Well aren't you going to talk to me about the meeting." He smiled, walking over to me. "You know that's confidental, honey." He whispered in my ear, kissing below it. He walked off again. I couldn't stop him this time. I just prayed Thani would be there.