Part 21

Just as I was applying lipstick, the doorbell rang. "Yay!" squealed Esha, who was right next to me and ran to the door. I heard Esha opening the door and closing it again really quickly. I heard her footsteps coming nearer. I glanced at her. She was awestruck. "Ni-Niall Horan was at our door." "Yes. And you also closed the door in his face. Go open it again." "B-but h-he was holding a bouquet." "And?" "A-and he wanted to give them to me." "Poor Niall! He wanted to be sweet and he brought you flowers! Go open the door!" "B-but who's here for you?" "Go open the door, Esha. Take a deep breath and let them in." She nodded, breathing in and out. She left shortly and I heard her open the door again, say hi and it sounded as they were in the living room. Where was Harry? Had he stood me up? Did he find something better to do and made Niall come with flowers so I wouldn't feel bad? I looked at myself in the mirror, feeling rejected. My eyes then went to my lips. I was so busy worrying about Harry that I had put on too many layers of light pink lipstick. It looked really tacky. With a gasp of horror, I ran to get some makeup remover. I took off the lipstick and meanwhile felt bad for Niall and Esha. They were probably hungry and here I was putting on lipstick again. I felt like an idiot now, apart from feeling rejected. They probably didn't say anything because maybe they were the ones who felt bad for me and they didn't want to make it worse. Too late. I sat at my vanity desk again, picking up the lipstick. Why did I feel like this? I wasn't with Harry and I didn't have a crush on him. Or maybe I did? I was so confused. I achieved putting color on my lips and sighed. I stared at my lap. But something caught my eye. It was lying on my desk, inches away from me.

My eyes landed on the red rose that lay on my vanity desk. Maybe Niall or Esha had left it to make me happy? I felt like crying, I was that much deceived. Why hadn't Harry just told me he couldn't make it? Or just straight out told me he didn't want to come? I was disappointed, not only in Harry but in myself. Maybe this was meant to happen to make me realize that I was engaged and I shouldn't be worrying about stuff like that because Harry and I weren't a couple. I half smiled, picking up the rose and admiring it. "Do you like it?" a voice said into my ear. I saw his figure out of the corner of my eye on the mirror. I smiled at his reflection. How could the sound of his voice change my mood so quickly? "You came." I whispered. " I told you I would come, didn't I? And besides, why would I miss having a fun night with a special girl like you?" All I could do was smile. "It was a must." He spoke again. I laughed, standing up to hug him. "Thank you." I whispered in his ear as I put my arms around him. For some reason, I couldn't speak louder. "For what?" He asked, whispering too and not letting go. "For coming, Harry. And telling me nice things." I replied. "You deserve that and much more, Y/N." His eyes met mine as he pulled a strand of hair behind my ear. His eyes were as mesmerizing as the day I met him. We didn't speak, it was as if we had made up our own language, smiling occasionally but never looking in another direction. Words weren't necessary, it was just my eyes staring into his green ones. My lips parted, it felt as though the more I looked into his eyes, the more I was amazed by him. Harry smiled. Slowly, I saw his eyes growing bigger. I then felt his warm breath on my face. In one second, my heart was pounding against my chest. But not even that stopped me from looking into his eyes. He was moving closer, his lips dangerously close to mine.