Part 40

We both noticed it but said nothing. I closed my eyes, not wanting to read the headline and hugged Harry, resting my head in the crook of his neck. "Come here." He said, throwing the newspaper to the side and leaving our coffee on the bedside table. He held me as I silently sobbed.

"It was true all along. He's always been a cheater." I said into his neck. Harry didn't reply, knowing that I just wanted to let my feelings out. He rubbed my back as I cried. I lifted up my hand to caress his cheek, but the sparkle of it caught my eye.

I quickly pulled the ring off and threw it across the room. Harry looked over at me, eyebrows raised, got up and went to get it. "You're angry right now. Maybe you'll put it back on later." He said, picking it up and setting it next to our coffees.

I sat up, not believing he had just said that. "Harry, do you not realize what's going on?" He looked at me, puzzled. I straddled him, looking straight into his eyes. "I'm not engaged anymore. I don't want anything to do with Sam ever again. It's us what I care about." His green eyes seemed to twinkle. "You're not engaged!" He repeated. "That's right!" I exclaimed, hugging him. "So that means no restrictions." I said again. He smirked. "You want to fuck after finding out he cheated?" "You're ruining the moment." I sang. He laughed, kissing me.

I woke up wrapped up in Harry's arms. I watched him sleep tenderly. I want to squish his face because of his cuteness but I didn't want to wake him up. I was in a good mood, so I decided to get up and make breakfast since our first one was interrupted.

I looked around the clothes on the floor, searching for something to put on. I spotted Harry's shirt and put it on. I glanced at Harry once more and looked over at the shiny ring on the bedside table. I decided to put it away. I didn't want Harry to get upset over it. I finally got to the kitchen and started making batter for pancakes. I hummed softly while multitasking. I wanted to make a big breakfast. I felt in a really good mood and I loved cooking. The kitchen was drowned in sunlight and there wasn't a single cloud in the sky. Nothing could ruin this day. I was enjoying the silence, but quick footsteps made me stop what I was doing to look at the doorway.

A relieved Harry was staring back at me as he rushed over to hug me. "What's wrong?" I asked, puzzled by his reaction. "I-I thought you had thought about it better and left. The ring wasn't there anymore." I held his head in my hands. "I woke up and wanted to make you breakfast. And I put the ring away to give back to Sam. I don't want it anymore." He smiled, leaning in to kiss me. "My shirt looks good on you." He whispered. "Your boxers look good on you." I replied, giggling. "But do you know when you look best?" He said, smirking. "No, thanks. I don't want to know." I responded, kissing his nose. "Are you hungry?" I asked as I walked over to the stove to make the pancakes. "Mhm. And I want to start off breakfast with you." He whispered, standing behind me.