Chapter 7 - Mystery With Miette

1 Minute Prior To Team Shadow's Appearance...

Serena was taking a slow walk along the forest edge when she saw Miette already waiting for her. She started jogging along the path, quickening her pace to get to Miette, who heard her footsteps and turned with a smile, greeting Serena warmly.

"Hey!" Miette said just as Serena stopped beside her.

"You wanted to talk? How was your day with Ash?" Serena asked. She couldn't make her interest in Ash more obvious if she tried. Miette was quite surprised that the other girls hadn't picked up on it. 

"Well, that's what I wanted to talk about" Miette sat on one of the bike rails, swinging her feet back and forth, looking up at the sky. The moon was slowly rising over the horizon, the sun setting over in the opposite direction. The contrast in light caused the sky to turn a mild orange colour and Miette was admiring it.

"Oh, ok. Talk away" Serena sat next to her and looked in the same direction. 

"The day was, quite bland, I guess that's one way of putting it" Miette admitted, with a light nod. Serena looked at her with one eyebrow raised. She was feeling quite interested, wondering how Ash could be 'bland'. "I suppose my motives for asking him to hang out with me today was due to our previous conversation"

"What about it?" Serena almost instantly replied. She didn't like the use of the word bland, feeling quite protective of Ash.

"No need to be so protective. Anyway, I said I didn't actually like Ash and it was more for your benefit, but then I, thought, maybe I do like him. That's why when I won, I had already decided on what I wanted. But after today, I can see that he isn't my type. We just don't mix well together"

Serena jumped for joy on the inside but continued to listen.

"So, I just want to warn you, try not to go shopping too much when you finally tell him how you feel" Miette winked at Serena, who turned bright red.

"Wh-" she began, but there was a shout in the forest. The shadows had grown even darker and Miette began to worry.

"Sounds like Ash, these shadows had been worrying me when we got here," Miette told Serena, who nodded. They both went running in but another voice stopped them.

"You girls alright?" it was Clemont, walking over.

"I think Ash is in trouble" Serena explained, looking at Clemont's side. "Where is Bonnie?"

"Oh, May's little brother, Max I think, was bragging about looking after May's Pokemon so she practically begged him to let her help" Clemont explained. "But that isn't important, what about this situation?"

"We need to help Ash!" Miette urged them both, making them jump.

"Yeah, yeah, alright! Jesus" Clemont said, recovering from the sudden shout. He went through the trees on the right side with Serena behind him and then Miette behind her. There was a flash of purple eyes behind Miette and then she disappeared like she was never there. Serena and Clemont shimmied up a tree to get a better view.

Meanwhile, Iris had been witnessing the whole confrontation from the start. She had heard voices and immediately hopped into a tree, waiting for a moment to help Ash.

Gary had decided to head into the city, to grab some things for his Gramps, when he came across Ash.

In The Present...

"Serena's right, where is Miette?" Clemont said, clearly confused by her sudden disappearance. 

"Are you sure she followed you?" Cilan asked for confirmation.