Chapter 24 - A Day Of Rest or Fun?

"Is Ash alright?!" Serena came rushing into the hospital with a look of concern on her face.

"He has a sprained wrist, but that's about it. He should be fine" The doctor said as they walked into Ash's room. The rest of his friends were already stood around chatting to Ash and each other.

They all got here before me...They must care about Ash a lot...

Serena shook the thought out of her head and stepped towards Ash, who was lying comfortably on his hospital bed.

"Hey, Ash. Glad you're okay" Serena smiled at Ash, who in turn smiled back.

"Yeah, I don't really know much about what happened but if it wasn't for Pikachu, I would have been on the mountain all night" Ash let out a sigh of relief and sat up in his bed. "I am still feeling so tired"

"Maybe you should get some rest?" Miette said from the other side of the bed.

"Yeah Ash, we have already been here long enough, lets go guys" Cilan said, ushering everyone towards the doors.

"Ok, I guess I will get some rest. Bye everyone!" Ash waved from his bed.

"Pika!" Pikachu waved aswell, the others waving back.

They all decided to go to a nearby café, sitting around a circular table in the centre of the building. A few of them started to talk to one an other, while Serena quietly sipped her drink and stared into space.

I am not fine with what Ash said, on that day. I just don't want to show my emotions in front of everyone, including Ash.

"Serena?" May waved her hand just in front of  Serena,  who immediately snapped her head up and looked at May.

"Hmm?" Serena wondered what she wanted.

"Sorry, you just seemed to be in a trance. Ash will be okay, you know" May sounded reassuring but Serena shook her head.

"It's not that, it doesn't matter" She replied, before sipping her drink. The others around the table continued to talk, Miette and Misty getting caught in an argument while Cilan spoke with Brock about Pokemon breeding and connoisseurs.

Suddenly, everyone turned as Dawn jumped up and slammed her palms down onto the table. The table shook momentarily, startling everyone and making them look attentively at Dawn, who looked ready to talk.

"Lets have some fun!" She blurted out randomly, making everyone confused.

"Fun? Like, what?" Misty asked, wondering if there was actually anything 'fun' around.

"We have been pretty bored lately, besides the tournament and the troubles with those shadow people.." Miette said, peering over everyone as Dawn slammed a posted onto the table.

"The Kanto...Amusement Park?"  Serena asked, reading the poster from a sideways position.

"Sounds like fun.." May admitted, rubbing her chin thoughtfully.

"They hold it at random times during the year, so why don't we go?!" Dawn asked excitedly.

"You're such a little kid" Iris remarked. "But, I think we should go!"

"Ok then, it's settled" Cilan said with a slight grin. "Although you girls outnumber us 5 to 3- wait that reminds me, where is Clemont?"

"Right...he-here" Clemont came stumbling through the door, panting for breath.

"Oh, it's slowcoach" Misty walked up to Clemont, who had by now collapsed onto the floor and gave him a light kick on the head. "You coming or not?"