Chapter 55 - An Emotional Battle

"PIKA!" Pikachu flicked his tail into Ash's face and slapped him with hit. Ash recoiled back and then came back to Earth, looking down at his friend.

"Pikachu?" Ash asked, tears rolling down his face. He looked around, his vision blurred from the tears. "Where did she go?"

"Your Mom took off a moment ago" Bonnie's shaky voice replied. She looked absolutely terrified. 

"Bonnie?" Ash looked at her face and she suddenly broke into tears, crashing into him.

"Is this what my brother has become?" she asked between sobs and sniffles. 

"I..." Ash hesitated, looking around awkwardly. He wiped the tears from his face, realizing he needed to be strong. He remembered his own words, knowing he shouldn't give up at all. "I think so" he decided to reply.

Bonnie stepped back and looked up at Ash, while wiping away her own tears as fresh ones continued to fall. "We need to stop this"

"How did everything suddenly come to this?" Ash dropped to his knees, Pikachu watching on quietly. "We was all happy in the tournament. We knew trouble would be lurking. If only I knew it would be this bad and happen so fast, I could've stopped it"

"Don't blame yourself. That's stupid" Bonnie straightened up and knelt down next to Pikachu. "We'll do anything to stop this, right?"

"Pika!" Pikachu jumped onto Ash's shoulder, looking at his best friend.

"You guys?" Ash looked up and stopped moping. "Lets do our best then"

Ash took a deep breath and then started to focus, trying to keep his physical and mental states in check. 

"Lets head into my house for now. We need to keep our energy up and like you said, I need to rest" Ash suggested to Bonnie, who seemed to have no complaints, so they headed inside and sat around the kitchen table.

"There is only so much we can do when Hawlucha is doing a search" Bonnie began to tap the table, Pikachu and Ash dozing off at the opposite end almost instantly, leaving Bonnie in the silence. 

Bonnie looked around, suddenly feeling very uneasy. She had a sudden urge to stand up, heading upstairs into Ash's room. She pushed the curtain and peeked outside, seeing nothing but leaves flying around in the wind. Bonnie almost jumped through the roof when a loud bang came ringing through the house, then the door smashing against the floor. Bonnie felt scared after hearing these noses, stepping into Ash's wardrobe and closing it without even thinking. 

Meanwhile, downstairs, Ash was still sleeping with Pikachu. Pikachu slowly opened his eyes and stretched, looking up to see Parker with his Umbreon, a wide smirk on his face.

"Change of plans" He said to Pikachu, before ordering Umbreon to use hypnosis, causing Ash and Pikachu to sleep. 

Once Bonnie stopped hearing noses, she looked outside again and saw Parker and another person she couldn't recognize carrying Ash to a car, before driving off quickly. 

"What the-?" Bonnie rushed down the stairs and looked outside, wondering what she could do now, when Hawlucha arrived.

"Lucha?" Hawlucha looked at Bonnie's worried face, with his determined expression printed on his face.

"Someone just took Ash, did you find what we was looking for?" Bonnie waited and Hawlucha nodded, but then he turned to follow her gaze, looking at the way Ash had gone. Hawlucha instinctively began to head that way, Bonnie deciding to follow.

Meanwhile, the car had made it to its final destination. 

Ash had already awoken when he was taken out of the car, ropes keeping his hands together, tightly knotted around his wrists.