Chapter 31 - Final Sixty-Four!

"Ladies and gentleman, this is it! The final sixty-four competitors have spent the last few weeks overcoming the obstacles in their way to get to here, the final matches" The announcer paused from her announcing while the crowd cheered. "The 32 matches will be selected at random. 5 matches will 4 matches will occur at the same time, but the people in here are lucky enough to see matches from every round and also the final match!" Her talk was met by more ground shaking cheers, the excitement already reaching its peak.

"You ready buddy?" Ash turned to Pikachu, who only had to nod. Ash knew he was ready. Everyone else stood around Ash, each preparing themselves as the announcer gestured to the big screen.

"And here is our first match of the day, in this very stadium!" She said as the pictures began to change. The first picture popped up. "The first competitor is John of Johto, who will he be facing?"

Then, the second stopped and she tried to sound a little more ecstatic to get the crowd pumped up. "And there you have it folks, the first match is John vs Parker. Two very talented young boys take the centre stage in our first match to kick off the day in stadium 1!"

"And the match in stadium 2..." The announcer looked up to the big screen as the same process occurred. "Ash of Kanto!" and then "Lily of Hoenn!" 

"Ok then buddy, lets head over to the second stadium!" Ash said, wheeling away as fast as he could.

"Good luck!" He heard various shouts from the others, running outside to the second stadium.

"Ok, back to the screen for stadium 3!" The announcer continued the process, with none of Ash's friends getting into the first four matches. Also, only Parker from Team Shadow had a match and he was on the main stage.

"For the first match, all competitors can only use 3 Pokemon, choose wisely and goodluck!" The announcer nodded and this acted as a signal, a referee came out in each stadium, ready to call the match. The big screens surrounding the main stadium all turned on, revealing the other three matches. The three smaller stadiums also turned their screens on, to watch the other matches simultaneously.

"AND...begin!" The referee's said in unison, starting each match.

"Lets go, Sceptile, you're up first!" Ash declared, releasing Sceptile from his pokeball. 

"Hmmph" Lily said in an annoyed voice, but then she grinned. "Lets go, Flareon!" 

"A fire type, huh?" Ash said, studying the Flareon. "Ok then, Sceptile, quick attack!" 

Sceptile rushed forward, slowly gaining speed and making its size a completely invalid factor. Sceptile rushed Flareon, who took the hit with its trainer not saying anything. Flareon flipped into the air and landed with a graceful landing. 

"Flareon, flamethrower!" Lily shouted out. 

Flareon took in the words and gracefully leapt forward, like it was dancing. The flames ejected from its mouth, surrounding Sceptile, who couldn't dodge due to the leap Flareon had executed.

"Sceptile, use leaf blade!" Ash gritted his teeth, hoping Sceptile could fight the flames.

Sceptile did, leaping through the flames, the leafs hanging of its arms turning a brighter green, cutting down Flareon. Sceptile's strength sent Flareon back to Lily, where it instantly span back up on all fours. 

"Flareon, use attract!" Lily shouted, causing Ash to be slightly stunned. 

"Not everyday you get a female eevee" He said with a little smirk, before throwing a hand forward. "Sceptile, back off and use leaf storm!"