Chapter 51 - A Mega-Evolved Frenzy

Mega Sceptile stepped in front of Ash and faced Darkrai, already having a moment of nostalgia, having beaten the legendary Pokemon in the past.

"Sceptile, agility" Ash said, with a smile on his face. Ash was getting fired up using his first mega evolved Pokemon, although Ash-Greninja shared the same capabilities. 

Sceptile focused momentarily and was encased in a purple aura, the now mega-evolved Pokemon became faster, waiting for the next move they trained. 

"Now, use quick attack!" Ash had prepared this strategy long ago, which gave him a flashback of the special training on the hill, were he was subsequently attacked by Team Shadow and then he couldn't remember anything after that, his friends had to fill in the blanks, telling him he had red eyes and seemed possessed in some way. Ash knew he was fighting to stop this kind of trouble from happening again.

Sceptile disappeared, speed unmatched and smashed into Darkrai with as much strength as it could muster up in a moment, sending Darkrai back and keeping it on the defensive side of the battle, so Ash could stay on top and win.

"Sceptile, leaf blade!" Ash continued the attacks, still testing out Mega Sceptile's strength. 

All four leaves hanging off of Sceptile's arms began to glow, encased by a green aura. Sceptile dashed forward, still affected by the previous use of agility and slashed his right arm down across Darkrai, before spinning around and dashing forward again, slashing with the left side. Each leaf blade connected swiftly, Mega Sceptile being by Ash's side again in a short moment. 

"Such power" The Boss commented with wide eyes, a wild smirk on his face. "It's a shame you won't be able to put it to good use"

Ash didn't say anything, he kept his eyes on his surroundings, being wary of any possible ambush. He wasn't putting it past Team Shadow to pull a dirty trick so they could fulfil their plans.

"Darkrai, dark pulse" The Boss's facial expression worried Ash. He was enjoying watching his Darkrai get overpowered?

"Sceptile, dodge it!" Ash warned his mega-evolved Pokemon, who dodged the dark pulse with ease, before spinning and facing Darkrai, preparing to pounce. "Leaf blade, one more time!"

Mega Sceptile did pounce, with great speed and force. As soon as its first foot lifted off the ground, Sceptile disappeared, leaving a trail of wind in his wake. This time, Sceptile swung his blades in a downward arc, uppercutting Darkrai with the first two, before jumping up and slamming the second pair into Darkrai, causing the legendary Pokemon to drop to the floor with an almighty crash.

The smoke cleared and Darkrai was still up and was trying to not show any signs of damage. 

"Darkrai, dark void" The Boss's words made Ash realize he could be in trouble as there was a shift in pace. Within seconds, Sceptile was on the floor, sleeping. "Now, use dream eater!"

No one could see what was happening. All that was noticeable was the eyes of Darkrai glowing and a look of discomfort on Sceptile's face. The move resulted in Sceptile now being hurt and Darkrai healed slightly. 

"Sceptile, you have to wake up!" Ash yelled, worried that he was going to lose his first battle with Mega Sceptile. 

Although Sceptile slept soundly due to dark void, Ash's words rang within the mega-evolved Pokemon's head, but it found itself struggling to awaken, even after being under such an immense pain.

"Darkrai, dark pulse" The Boss's voice became cold, his sadistic grin widening as Darkrai prepared to attack. 

Darkrai formed the orb of dark energy, before unleashing it at Sceptile, who was still on the ground.