Chapter 32 - Ash-Greninja

"Pikachu use thunderbolt!" Ash shouted to Pikachu, who was covered in scratches and marks, clearly in pain. Lily's Jolteon stood gracefully, as clean as a whistle, having taken no damage at all. The Jolteon vs Pikachu match had been going on for five minutes up until this point, with every other match over and three people already advancing to the next round. All eyes were on Ash and Lily as they continued to fight.

"PIKAAAAAAAAA CHUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" Pikachu unleashed a ferocious thunderbolt at Jolteon, which was still weak because they was both electric types. Jolteon took the hit, for the first time in the match. It did nothing at all, the electrical energy being absorbed by Jolteon, who had a comforting look on its face. 

"Gotta try harder then that!" Lily tutted, winking playfully at Ash. Serena gulped in the background. "Jolteon, wild charge!" 

Jolteon's speed was just as good as its durability, Pikachu was no match for the electrical blur that charged at him, diving straight into Pikachu and sending him flying back, rolling continuously to the wall. 

"Pikachu!" Ash shouted, rushing over while the ref declared that Pikachu was unable to battle. "You ok buddy?" 

"Pika.." Pikachu said, with one eye half open.

"Take a nice rest buddy" Ash said as he scooped up Pikachu and placed him by his side, out of harms way. Ash took up Greninja's pokeball. "Greninja, I choose you!" 

Greninja came out and turned to Ash, who's face had straightened. He was calm, collected and serious as he spoke.

"I need you to do this Greninja, for Pikachu and Sceptile. Do you believe in me?" Ash said to Greninja.

"Jolteon, wild charge!" Lily was trying to give them no time at all, Jolteon charged up its electrical energy, shrouding itself in it as it charged straight for Greninja, who nodded at Ash.

Ash pointed straight at the charging Jolteon and put all of his emotion behind it. "Then show me what you are capable of! Greninja!" 

There was a shift in time, a moment of slow motion as Greninja began to change. Ash could feel the change within his body as Greninja came back, looking completely different. Murmurs from the crowd could be heard. They had never seen anything like this, no kind of evolution recorded. Only the people of Kalos knew what had happened.

"Ash-Greninja" Serena breathed out, making everyone turn to her. 

Ash-Greninja swiftly jumped into the air, without even looking at Jolteon, who completely missed its attack.

"Greninja, water shuriken!" Ash and Greninja worked like they was one. Before Ash had even spoke, Ash-Greninja was already preparing the move, turning to face Jolteon as it turned to face Ash-Greninja. The shuriken, completely made out of water, formed at the end of one of Ash-Greninja's hands. It then shot at Jolteon like a bullet, swerving towards the eeveelution. There was a momentary explosion, then Jolteon came flying through the smoke, sliding across the arena, to keep its balance. Jolteon looked hurt, despite electric being strong against water. 

"Jolteon, wild charge once more!" Lily shouted through gritted teeth. She couldn't understand what had happened to Ash's Greninja. 

"Greninja, use cut!" Ash was focused, determined. He wanted to win. 

Ash-Greninja charged forward, the sword shaped cut appearing in its right hand. Ash-Greninja swiftly slashed down, leaping into the air simultaneously. Then, using the momentum from leaping, he corkscrewed over Jolteon, the cut connecting and Jolteon missing. There was a moment of silence as Ash-Greninja sheathed the cut. Then, another momentary explosion occurred, revealing Jolteon had fainted.