Chapter 26 - Round Four! The Lucky Number?

Ash stood outside the building that was hosting the final round, the decider to the tournament. The suns light cascaded around the smooth marble pillars that sat at the front of the building, reflecting his face like a mirror due to the light. The top of the building represented that of some sort of important city hall, with the triangle at the front just peaking over the roof like the hat on Ash's head. Beyond the pillars and up the few white steps, was the two oak doors, painted in a dark brown that was almost black, with two brass handles sitting on either side symmetrically. 

"Woah.." Ash gasped a sharp breath, his mouth agape as he took in the building. It was something that he had noticed previously, somehow, like a mystery. 

"Pika?" Pikachu cocked his head in question, like the building had always been there. 

"Admiring the structure?" Gary came walking over with a slight grin, mockingly jabbing Ash's arm with his fist. 

"It is amazing..." Serena looked up at the building before them, with Clemont and Miette bringing up the rear. 

"We haven't even seen the inside yet and you are mesmerized...can't wait to get in then" Clemont said with sarcasm. "You will be like children with a new toy" He laughed.        

                                                                                                                                                                                                                "Well, I don't know why they need something this big to compensate for 120+ people and a lottery thing.  I wonder what it will be like actually" Miette commented, with a certain tone of excitement.                                                                                                                                                                                                                          " What are we waiting for?" Ash asked, instantly jumping up the steps as he did so. 

Ash swung the doors open and they slowly creaked open, revealing a large hall that used the whole space of the building. It looked completely barren, save the large table at the back with a large contraption sat on it. The floor was completely solid and wooden, varying in different colours, from brown, light brown and some even looked kind of black. The colours were mismatched but the pattern was still perfect, as to make it look neat and tidy with the different types of wood. Ash counted four..no five, maybe six chandeliers, hooked onto the roof. They hung down like moss on a tree, separating diagonally, into four different lights, illuminating the whole room. 

"Holy sh-" Gary began, but he was cut off by feedback from a microphone, the speakers hanging loosely from the ends of the large table at the end of the room. 

"Come one, come all, participants! Do you think you have the luck to get 1 to 64? Do you KNOW you have what it takes?" The announcer that was at every single event was speaking away on the microphone.

"I think she is into this job a little much, we aren't exactly paying so why is she selling it so much?" Clemont asked, sweatdropping.

"Kind of embarrassing" Miette and Serena said in unison, masking Clemont's reaction.

"Pika..." Pikachu seemed to be riding the sweatdrop train too. 

"Well, I guess I'll go first" Gary stepped forward, his confidence oozing at of him like a Grimer and it's slime. 

Ash noticed at this moment that there was actually no one else in the hall, which made him feel uneasy.

Serena saw his expression. "I guess you have the same weird feeling, huh Ash?"