Chapter 57 - Fighting For Love

The light faded and Ash felt himself clutching nothing. He opened his eyes and the bed was empty, no one was in the room but his Mom, Bonnie and his two Pokemon who had fainted. 

"Ash?" his Mom's normal voice came. 

"Mom!" Ash instantly felt relief, but grief and anger sat at the back of his mind.

"I..." Ash's Mom tried to speak and he realized she knew what was going on. "I am so sorry Ash"

Ash felt his emotions change, the anger coming to surface.

"WHY IS EVERYONE SORRY?" he yelled, throwing himself up onto his feet.

"Ash?" 

"NO! YOU ALL APOLOGIZE WHEN EVERYTHING IS MY FAULT" Ash slumped back onto the floor and then began crying once more, tears barely falling since he had been crying so much over the past two days. 

Two days of non-stop fighting, pain and no sleep, Ash was exhausted but he still had to keep on going. 

"I heard everything and I know what is going on" Delia chose to ignore the apologizing, to try and make Ash calm down a little. 

"I need to be strong" Ash murmured to himself. He wiped the tears away and moved over to his Mom. He noticed a button at the top end of her bed and pressed it. The braces came off and allowed her to stand up. 

"Where should we go?" Delia asked Ash, who didn't even need to think.

"Professor Oak is safe, in his lab. You go there" 

"What about you?" She asked him another question. Ash returned Hawlucha and slowly picked up Pikachu, handing him to his Mom.

"Keep Pikachu safe" Ash didn't answer her question, he ran off outside and through the rain, passing an unconscious Bonnie.

Delia looked down at Bonnie and went to shout Ash, but he was gone. 

Ash blocked out all of the emotions that began to rush to him as he ran for another time, his legs still worn out from everything he had been through, he tripped several times but used the energy from his pent up rage to keep him going. Ash skidded to a stop when he noticed the rest of his friends, their red eyes shining in what was now the moonlight. 

Ash backed off into a bush and waited for them to pass, the pain of watching them stinging his heart as they aimlessly headed off in the other direction, Pokemon waiting at their sides with violent intent in their eyes. 

Ash pulled out a pokeball and held onto it, so he was ready to fight at a moments notice. 

"Parker just headed north of here, right?" Ash heard a voice, he recognized it as Tristan's.

"Yeah, he was with that girl, Serena?" Jake replied and Ash's eyes narrowed. 

"Greninja, cut" Ash threw his pokeball out. His mix of emotions made Greninja transform, but he was more than just Ash-Greninja.

He was a pissed off Ash-Greninja. 

No one even saw the move happen, Greninja was behind both twins Absol's within a millisecond, both of them dropping down and fainting. Greninja put his sword away and Ash walked past, not even saying anything. 

Both of the twins stared at their Absol's with shock, then looked at each other, then where Ash was, but he was already gone. 

Ash sprinted with everything he had left, heading north to chase down Parker.

I never chose one of them. I refused to choose. So, I will save you Serena. That was my choice, after all. 

"Stop right there!" Jeremy came out from behind a tree, his Tyranitar standing at the ready.