Chapter 30 - A Feisty Rematch!

"Cilan, I want chocolate!" Iris rose up on her tiptoes to find Cilan, who was standing in line. He turned and put a thumb up to signal he heard her and Iris sighed, walking back over to her table.

"I can't believe how busy it is in here" Misty commented on the queue that was just to their right, surrounding the shop.

"It's because of the tournament starting tomorrow, many people from all over the place are coming to see it" Brock replied, taking a sip of his already bought strawberry milkshake. Everyone nodded in agreement.

"And we are in the tournament" May said with a nervous tone. Dawn also looked slightly nervous.

"I wonder how far we will get" 

"Only one of us can win and it will be me of course" Gary was also sat with the gang, leaning back into his chair in a way too casual mood.

"Lets just wait and see. I wouldn't get too cocky if you come up against one of us in the first round" Dawn replied back with a frown. 

"Yeah! No one is going to hold back!" May replied with the same amount of energy, also frowning.

"Ok girls, lets not get too feisty. Just wait until the tournament starts" Gary replied, a grin appearing on his face.

"Here you guys are" Cilan came up with a tray, handing out a few milkshakes to the people that arrived late. Then Ash and co walked in.

"Ash! You're okay!" Dawn literally jumped out of her seat, with a big smile on her face. Everyone began murmuring their greetings to Ash, Serena Miette and Clemont. 

"Yeah, I guess I am" Ash laughed, scratching the back of his head. Cilan looked at them like a bus had just hit him in the face.

"Do I need to go back into that line?" He jerked a thumb behind him, but Serena shook her head.

"If we want anything, we'll go, right Ash?" 

"Sure, because I am starving. See you guys in a moment!" Ash dashed into the line, Pikachu taking a ride on his shoulder. 

Everyone else sat down and proceeded to talk about the excitement of the tournament and the prospect of having Team Shadow lurking around every corner during it.

"Don't we have to sleep in the hotel block next to the stadium for the duration of the tournament?" Dawn asked, looking around the table. No one else seemed to know.

"It says here that you have to book a room before tonight" Serena said, making everyone pause for a moment. They all instantly got out their devices and sorted out their hotel rooms before the deadline, to make sure they are ok.

"Aw, all the bottom floor rooms are taken, I like to be close to the door" Dawn groaned. "It makes it so much easier when you get up in the morning"

"Well, everyone else that has made it through probably knew about this before us so they got to pick their rooms first" Clemont explained, with a shrug. "First come first served"

They all continued talking while Ash trudged through the long line, yawning into his open hand.

"When will this line end!" He said, peering round the person in front of him. "I just want a burger and a milkshake"

Ash groaned as his stomach let out a dull roar, The Hunger returning to Ash. 

"Pika pi" Pikachu held his stomach like he desperately needed food, and his face dropped.

The line slowly started to die down, much to Ash's excitement. He ordered his burger and milkshake and it came to him in seconds. Ash rushed over to the table and they told him about the hotel. He had to book the room at the highest point and right at the back, the last room in the large hotel complex that was accommodating for 64 people.