Chapter 11 - The Games Continue

"Erm, Brock?" Misty said, not liking the eerie silence that suddenly surrounded them.

"Yeah, I know" Brock was just as cautious. Even though there was 600 participants, there was no one near them. It had only been two minutes since the tournament started.

"Houndoom, flamethrower on Croagunk!"  a voice both didn't know shouted from within the trees. It was Jeremy, from Team Shadow. The fire from Houndoom came flying through the trees and made direct contact with Croagunk, sending it back a few steps. Croagunk stood firmly on the ground and forced the flamethrower away. 

"Who's there?" Misty shouted, instantly spinning around. Her Staryu hovered by her side, waiting for any instructions. 

"Now why ask such a frivolous question, hmm?" Jeremy came walking out, his Houndoom by his side. "This is a game that requires ones full concentration to obtain their opponents tags. It doesn't matter who it is trying to take your tags"

"Spare the lecture, you won't get away with such a cheap attack again!" Brock turned to Croagunk, who prepared to battle.

"I won't need to get away with such tactics, I have my own way of doing things" Jeremy pushed his glasses up proudly. "Now, lets see who wins, me or you"

"Croagunk, use poison jab!" Brock shouted out. Croagunk took in his words and his fist turned purple, covered in poison. Croagunk leaped forward at the Houndoom, who was not even trying to dodge. 

Jeremy sighed and flicked an arm up, not even looking at the battle. "Houndoom, inferno" His Houndoom executed the move perfectly, fire engulfing Croagunk in an instant. Croagunk yelled out, surrounded by the strong flames. As soon as the flames faded, Croagunk had a noticeable red outline across his body. He continued to groan on the floor.

"Oh no! Croagunk!" Brock rushed forward, picking up his Croagunk. "He has been burnt real bad, I need to go to the Pokemon Center"

"Don't worry Brock, I will take this guy down" Misty stepped forward, feeling confident. She had a Staryu, which meant she had the type advantage over Houndoom's fire. 

"Since your Pokemon is hurt, I believe I am entitled to your tags" Jeremy looked inquisitively at Brock, who stared hard back at him. 

"I don't think you are, Croagunk can still fight!" 

"If he can still fight, then you can not go to the Pokemon Center. The rules state that the fight is over once ones Pokemon is unable to battle" Jeremy pointed out, making Brock angry. He set Croagunk down. "Now, we will take out this Staryu and be on our way with your tags"

"WE?" Misty said, slightly confused. She looked at the Houndoom, wondering if he meant his Pokemon.

"Zoroark, night daze!" A female voice shouted from the trees, just like Jeremy did. But, this time, it was from Misty's side and not from behind. A pitch black shockwave rushed through the trees, instantly connecting with Staryu. The impact caused an explosion, making Misty and Brock shield themselves. Once the smoke cleared, Staryu was still standing tall. "Now, Zoroark, use focus blast"

There was a moment of silence, but then the ground started shaking. A bright white light came zooming out of the forest and hit Staryu with such force, it flew straight back into a tree, almost breaking it in half. Staryu then dropped down, fainting. Misty looked on with wide eyes. She had no time to react and was taken out almost instantly. Elizabeth and her Zoroark stepped out of the shadows. Elizabeth grabbed the tag on Staryu and then the one from Misty. Misty didn't even move, she was frozen, staring at her fallen Staryu. 

"Well, if Croagunk can still fight, you won't mind if I finish it off" Elizabeth looked over at Jeremy, who smiled.

"All yours" He took a few steps back, watching Elizabeth. She slowly walked forwards and knelt down next to the Croagunk, who Brock was still treating.