Chapter 36 - Best Laid Plans

One Week Prior To Chapter 35...

"What's coming on the ship, boss?" Parker asked the man in the cloak, who had his back to the group.

He span around on his chair, looking at his Team. "It is a Darkrai, for us to use" His teeth became visible in the dark space around them as he flashed a grin. 

"I thought the plan was to use some of Ash's friends and Pokemon?" Parker queried further, sharing the same confused expression as his friends behind him.                                                                                           

"That's just a means to an end" Their leader replied, settling into his chair. "Darkrai will help us turn this region into a shadow of its former self, quite literally" He grinned once more. 

"So, can we go over the new plan, then we will know our orders and what to do?" Parker asked this question, his friends not saying anything. The boss was sometimes critical and mean and this made them worried whenever they spoke around him, so they kept quiet and let Parker, who they all thought always knew what to say, speak.      

"Sure, come with me" The Boss swivelled around in his chair and stood up, taking a slow walk down the large corridor that separated the rocky cave and their secret headquarters. This was what made Parker feel relieved, his team had shown Ash and his friends where the cave was, using the girls as bait, but they didn't know how to get into their base and foil their plan. The rocky cave was just camouflage. 

The headquarters was a full, silver coloured room with several high-tech computers and devices on the walls to the left. On the right, was their bosses computer and office area, blocked off by a large glass pane that slid open like a door. The rest of the room was blank, with two brand new looking cells in the far left corner. 

The Boss stopped at the other end of the room and turned to face Team Shadow, who all stopped in turn, behind their leader, Parker. 

"The plan, has been elongated as of this moment, so listen very carefully to my words" The Boss warned. 

Everyone nodded, Jeremy gulping while shifting his glasses up his face. They all looked at The Boss, who coughed in to his hand and prepared to give them the plan. 

"The main objective, is to turn the Kanto region into a place of chaos, a place where shadows are everywhere and the darkest of creatures can lurk. We want this region to be inhabited only by the strongest of people, who can blend into the darkness. Why do we want such a thing to happen? For power. If we can control this region and the Pokemon here, then we can rule the entire universe and starve people of their Pokemon. Getting rid of peoples Pokemon is all part of the fun" The Boss, started to pace back and forth, going in more detail. "First, we need two subjects to test our new weapons on. During the tournament, we found that our mind control machine was effective, but other, more annoying people could still break the connection between the machine and person being used, so it has been upgraded and we need a subject to test and use it on. The next subject will be someone that is close to our main target, Ash Ketchum. They will be confined in our headquarters, causing Ash and his friends to search for this person. Once we wipe them off the map, our plan is as good as gold. But, the plan can only start once we have subject number one, because they can get us the second subject" 

Everyone stood and listened, not even moving a muscle while The Boss continued to explain the plan.

"If the machine is effective and everything goes to plan, we use it on the last day of the tournament, where there will be plenty of people to control, including their Pokemon, which we will take and leave the area. Darkrai will be here for the final steps, when we have caused enough chaos to start moving in with our Pokemon. He will cause the nightmares of these people to come true and make them have even more, scarier nightmares to cause them harm. Finally, our second objective, is to awaken the legendary Pokemon Zekrom, using the black stone that we have located deep inside this very region. Their is a specific place in Unova that two of you will travel two in order to catch Zekrom, so you may have to give up your spots in the tournament"

There was a moment of silence while everyone digested the plan. They all looked at one another in turn, thinking if there was any questions to ask.

"Zekrom isn't a dark Pokemon?" Jeremy asked, pushing his glasses up once more. 

"No, he is not, that is correct. But, Zekrom is a Pokemon that hides in the darkest storms and provides the thunder. A necessary Pokemon for our plan, do you not think?"

"Of course, that is a good idea" Jeremy nodded, sitting down on a rock. 

"Is that everything?" The Boss asked. There was another moment of silence and no one said anything. "You can all proceed with whatever you was doing" He concluded, sitting down at his computer. 

"What now, Parker?" Elizabeth stood right next to his arm, looking up at his thinking face. The others all stopped just in front of Parker and waited.

"We need to work hard for the next week, or until Darkrai arrives. Then, we can get to work and complete our objectives" Parker's monotonous casual tone could catch anyone off guard. He didn't sound serious, but his team knew he meant business. 

For the next two weeks, Team Shadow worked and worked, all day and all night, preparing everything they would need for their final plan. Tirelessly keeping their Pokemon healthy while working on their computers, they finally reached a point where they could start preparing the final few things for their plan to turn the Kanto region into a dark place, for dark Pokemon to inhabit and takeover. The plan had almost no meaning to Parker and his team, but for The Boss, there was plenty of reason behind it.

He was just not willing to share it, yet. 

Present Day...

"More tournament matches tomorrow?" The Boss asked, mapping out a schedule on the large computer screen at the back end of the base. 

"Yes, but we may or may not have any matches at this present time, it is done randomly and only eight matches have been concluded thus far, there are still 24 to go" Jeremy was the brains, calculating it all, like anyone could, but much quicker. 

"Who has not had a match yet?" The Boss asked, looking up at the screen for answers, scanning up at the tournament brackets. 

"Ok then, Jeremy and Jake, you are heading to the Unova region at once. I want you to forfeit your matches and head their. Only take one Pokemon each, your mega evolved Pokemon" The Boss ordered, and his orders were final. 

Jeremy looked at Jake and Jake nodded. They instantly headed out, walking towards the stadium to forfeit their participation and head to Unova, with the black stone in hand. 

Zekrom was not a dark type Pokemon, no.

Zekrom was the summoner of thunder and lightning, the harbinger of destruction. The storm that had been brewing for what seemed like an eternity now, was finally beginning to bubble and boil, slowly but surely. The storm was coming.

Zekrom, the master of the storms, was going to be the kickstarter for the Kanto regions demise. 

They just didn't know it yet. When or how, no one really knew. Only Ash and his friends had the faintest idea that something was going to happen. They all intended to stop it, one way or another. Because that's what they have been doing, when Ash had been with them in their respective regions. 

Living their own dreams and fighting the good fight, side by side, with Ash Ketchum. 

They were all ready. 

-----------

Sorry I took so long (fell asleep last night) but here is the chapter I promised, now I am doing 2-3 a week all at one time, so you can read more than one :)