Chapter 27 - The Dark Plan

It was just a normal sunny day in the Kanto region. The sun shone down through the thick vegetation, creating light through the gaps within the forest, illuminating the shadows created by the trees. Serena slowly sat down against a tree, relaxing herself. A slight breeze wafted through the forest, whistling through the branches and holes within the thick tree trunks. 

Serena's mind flashbacked to Ash's words. She fully understood how he felt still, but she wasn't going to feel any different, ever. Her mind fell over Miette, for some odd reason. She was thinking about Ash and Miette popped into her head, like a mental image of the future. Serena shook her head, getting rid of the cobwebs and cleaning out her mind. She blinked once. Her first mistake.

The whole forest became dark, as if time had just skipped a few hours. Serena looked up, with worry etched on her face, the gaps in the tree's that the sunlight shone through had disappeared, there was no clear view of the sky anymore. Serena shivered, having a knack for thinking about the worst scenario in a scary situation.

"It's okay" A girls voice whispered in her ear. 

Serena snapped her head around and jumped up, facing the tree she sat against. No one was there.

"Who just spoke?" Serena asked in a shaky voice. 

A flash of white teeth grinned in the dark, right infront of Serena. She took a deep breath, refusing to scream out. Her lips trembled as the person in the shadow stepped out. 

"That would be me" Elizabeth flicked her hair over her shoulder and her Greninja came from behind her. Elizabeth was a very small girl, around the same size as her Greninja, who was just over 5 foot tall. 

"I know who you are...Team Shad-" Serena started, but she was startled by Elizabeth, who raised her palm up.

"Don't speak our name, Serena" Elizabeth sighed. "Did you enjoy your little nightmare? Courtesy of our friend Darkrai" 

"We knew it was you, as soon as we saw Darkrai the other day" Serena put her hand to her side, preparing to grab a pokeball. But, she felt around and nothing was there.

"Looking for your stuff?" Tristan and Jake said in unison, standing behind Serena, who jumped in fright.

"Give me my stuff back, my Pokemon!" Serena shouted at them, in frustration. She took a shaky, panicked breath and span around to the tutting Elizabeth.

"We can't do that, you see, we have plans for you, Serena. I don't think you will need your Pokemon anytime soon" Elizabeth laughed, but Serena scowled back.

"Give me my stuff, we can settle our troubles at the tournament!" 

"No can do, you won't be participating in the tournament anymore" Another voice in the shadows, Serena presumed it was Jeremy as she saw his glasses in the shadows. 

"Wha-" Serena began, but she dropped down and fell into a deep sleep.

"Good job Umbreon" Parker chuckled, kneeling down beside Serena. "We have the bait, so lets get going" 

"Have you sorted out the message, Parker?" Elizabeth asked, watching Greninja lift up Serena. 

"Of course, everything is ready. Lets get back" Parker stood up and began to walk off, followed by his team.

On the other side of the forest, only 100 metres away, Ash, Miette and Clemont were hanging around the forest.

"Serena said she would be around here somewhere..." Clemont spoke to himself, looking around the forest.

"This forest feels sort of ominous, kind of like when we saw Darkrai" Miette said, with a shiver. 

"We will be fine, right Pikachu?" Ash looked at his shoulder, to his partner.