Chapter 34 - Gary vs Cilan!

"Umbreon, shadow ball!" Gary shouted, panting for breath having been shouting too much, battling with his Pokemon to try and beat Cilan, who shared the same expression and energy level. 

Umbreon prepared the shadow ball at its mouth, firing the ball of dark energy at Pansage.

"Pansage, dodge it!" Cilan responded, Pansage instantly jumping up, the shadow ball slamming into the arena side, missing Cilan by inches. "Now, bullet seed!" Pansage jumped up and shot the seeds out of his mouth, as fast as bullets. They sprayed all over Umbreon, hitting his body and sending him back a few feet.

"Hang in there buddy" Gary said to Umbreon, who glanced him a look and then steadied his stance. "Ok, quick attack!" 

Cilan noticed Gary's grin and knew he had a trick up his sleeve. 

"Pansage, charge up and use solar beam!" Cilan countered once more, just as Gary confirmed his suspicions.

"Stop and use flash!" Gary called out to Umbreon, who stopped infront of Pansage and the yellow pattern on his head turned into a bright light. But, it didn't really effect Pansage, who was taking in light from the sun. Instead, the light added to his charge and then the orb of light energy appeared in Pansage's hands. 

Umbreon tried to move back, but the beam of light had already shot like a cannon into him, a critical hit from such a close range, driving Umbreon back to Gary. 

"Come on Umbreon, get up!" Gary glanced to the screen, knowing that he had two Pokemon and Cilan only had Pansage. 

"Umbreon is unable to battle!" The referee shouted, causing Gary to frown. 

"Ok, its up to you, Blastoise" Gary threw out his pokeball and Blastoise came out, towering over Pansage. 

"Pansage, don't waste time and use bullet seed!" Cilan rushed straight in, but Gary was confident now.

"Blastoise, rapid spin" 

Blastoise immediately went into his shell and began spinning rapidly, on the spot. The bullet seed was deflected like it was nothing and Blastoise jumped back onto his feet. 

"Now, water gun" Gary set up a counter attack, the cannons on Blastoise shooting out jets of water at Pansage, who couldn't dodge and was hit as a result.

"That must have done lots of damage" Ash said to himself, much to his friends interest.

"Why?" Serena asked Ash.

"Well, Blastoise is REALLY tough and, it is super effective" He explained, never taking his eyes off of the match.

Pansage opened one eye and slowly got onto his feet, shaking with every movement. Pansage was on his last leg, a poke could have fainted him here and now. But Cilan and Pansage didn't give up. 

"Pansage, rock tomb!" Cilan shouted and Pansage slowly raised his arms.

"Blastoise, use rapid spin!" Gary went back to the defensive move, just as Pansage conjured up a huge rock and planted it on Blastoise. The rock stopped Blastoise's movements, making everyone tense up. 

But, the rock smashed and Blastoise came out of his shell, injured by the rock tomb. 

"Now, solar beam" Cilan put everything into his shout and Pansage understood, their bond stronger then ever. 

Pansage didn't need much time to charge up, but Gary wasn't about to just take the hit this time. He was going to end the fight once and for all.

"Blastoise, hydro cannon!" Gary said it like it was the finishing move.