Chapter 46 - Love and Leadership

For Cilan, finding Ash and Serena was the priority. Brock had May on his back, giving the passed out girl a piggyback across the field. The rest of the gang followed swiftly behind, without a moment to lose.

"Where's Miette?" Dawn shouted over the raging storm.

"I don't know! Just let her go, if we can find Ash and Serena then Miette will be our next problem, if she gets hurt" Cilan quickly replied. 

"Since when did you become all leader this, leader that?" Misty jogged next to Cilan, with a grin on her face.

"You know now isn't the time for jokes" Cilan replied, still looking ahead. He was deadly serious. "If Team Shadow have Zekrom and have a Darkrai with the intention of causing chaos in this region, then we need to find Ash and Serena and then stop them from finishing their objectives" Cilan huffed and puffed, but continued to sprint. He felt like a recorded message, repeating himself over and over.

"G-guys, w-wait up!" Clemont continued to pant for breath, but Bonnie tugged onto his arm and kept him upright.

"Come on slowpoke!" She shouted, continuing to sprint down the path with ease.

Clemont pushed himself to continue, his legs burning. "I am not cut out for this" He panted to himself.

They came to a clearing, where there was a rocky hill leading upwards onto another platform within the forest.

"Wait!" Clemont stopped, half-kneeling down and started to regain his breath.

"What is it?" Iris asked, everyone else turning as Clemont pushed his glasses up his nose.

"I have a vague idea of where they might be" 

"Why didn't you say anything sooner!" They all shouted at him in unison, giving him the hair dryer treatment.

Meanwhile, Ash, Serena and Miette were all still fast asleep in the small cave they had found. But, Ash instantly woke up when he heard voices coming through the trees. He instantly rolled up to a sitting position and threw water over the fire, making the whole cave dark.

"Ash?" Serena stirred, but Ash shushed her right away. He waited in the darkness, not being able to see.

"Where could they have gone?" Tristan was speaking to himself, or so Ash thought because Elizabeth came into view.

"I need to pay that bit-" Elizabeth started, but Jeremy threw a hand infront of her.

"Less of the language, Elizabeth" He interjected, pushing his glasses up. "We need to find them for The Boss so we can continue our plan"

"We know that, doofus" Jake shook his head. "It shouldn't be too hard"

Their voices began to trail off. When Ash figured it was safe, he stepped outside into the moonlight. 

"Ash?" Serena asked again.

"It's okay, they're gone" Ash turned to Serena, who slowly got up and walked over to him.

"Thank god" She replied, slowly resting her head on his chest. "I was scared for a moment, that cave was horrible"

"I know" Ash replied, putting a hand on the back of her head and slowly stroking it. "We should get going ourselves" He continued, slowly letting go of Serena.

"Right" Serena nodded with determination.

A small tear swept from Miette's eye as she watched, but she stifled a sniff and wiped it away, before hopping to her feat.

"Did I hear 'get going'?" She replied, with a sudden burst of energy.

"Mhm, lets go" Serena said, her and Ash packing their things away.