Chapter 21 - Round Three Begins; Cheap Tactics!

Serena woke up extra early and was already heading to the reported starting line, the end of the path that led to the main arena. She was all alone but surrounded by a few trainers that had friends. Serena used this time to ponder on the situation with Ash. It was only stuck at the back of her mind because the last time hurt her, so she wanted to be strong around her friends and new found friends. 

"Serena, hey!" the first to arrive was May. She too was alone, with her Pokemon of choice, Glaceon by her side.

"Oh, it's you May. Good morning" Serena smiled, holding a Pokeball in her left hand. May took notice of it and looked down.

"Your Pokemon of choice?" May asked Serena, who nodded.

"I am using Braixen" Serena threw the Pokeball and the light flashed, revealing Braixen.

"Haven't you used Braixen every time? I am starting to worry about your other Pokemon" May inspected Braixen, who's smile had wiped away, showing a frown at May.

"Well...I promised Braixen that I would use her in my next competition and I would win with only her by my side. It was after I lost in the final performance. My shot at becoming the Queen..." Serena sighed.

Some time ago...

"Braixen, use flamethrower!" Serena span around, dancing around Braixen, who immediately spun her twig and shot flames into the air. "Now, Sylveon, swift!" Sylveon jumped up and swung her tail around, the stars flying at the flamethrower, one by one, like discs being inserted into a computer, they entered the flames, but then reappeared on the other side, slowly burning away, leaving away golden dust that scattered around the stage like golden rain drops, a curtain of golden dust in front of Serena and Braixen, who were choreographically moving around. Then...

Sylveon lost her footing, dancing around in circles around Braixen and Serena, who were adjacent to one another. She tumbled into Braixen, who in turn hit Serena. Serena kept her footing and balanced her Pokemon, keeping them up too. 

"Braixen, hidden power!" Serena gritted her teeth. That will probably guarantee someone else the victory... I need to use him now. "Pancham, dark pulse!" Serena shouted, causing the audience to be confused.

"Where is Pancham?" Ash got out of his seat, inspecting the stage.

"She did confirm the use of three Pokemon, but I do not see him" Clemont nodded, he too was looking for Pancham.

"Up there!" Bonnie pointed up to the rafters. 

On the highest point, Pancham leaped down and the dark pulse was already pulsating in his hand. He didn't fire it, but instead, dive bombed down into the hidden power, the blue orbs floating in the air. The dark pulse cut through them, creating a mix of blue and purple glittery dust, making a sort of dnight time feel around the stage. Pancham flipped, using the speed he lost after doing the move to land safely, standing at the front of the stage with his arms folded, Serena behind her with her arms out, striking a pose. Syvelon stood by her side while Braixen kept on spinning her stick, the glitter raining down over Pancham, making him more noticeable at the front. The crowd erupted into a roar and then Serena had to leave the stage, taking a break before the results were announced.

Now...

"Woah, that sounds amazing. But I am guessing you didn't win after the little accident?" May spoke sympathetically and a slightly down Serena nodded, Braixen looking down at the floor. 

Serena suddenly snapped her head up, determination in her eyes. "But I am not about to give up! I promised Braixen this because she was my first Pokemon and I will not lose!"