Chapter 12 - Cilan & Gary vs The Twins!

The four stood in a line, Cilan and Jake facing off while Gary and Tristan were facing off just behind them. Cilan was literally next to Tristan, yet he was watching Jake closely. Tristan span around Cilan and jumped, landing next to his brother. Gary calmly walked over to Cilan, Umbreon making its way to his side. 

"Looks like we will have to take these two down. They look kinda familiar too..." Gary said, studying the two with their black and purple Absols.

"It's that team, Team Shadow I think" Cilan replied, confirming Gary's suspicions. Gary gave a slight nod and threw one arm out, his palm pointing forwards.

"Ok then, the first attack is the one that wins! Umbreon, shadow ball!" Umbreon opened up its mouth and a dark purple sphere began to grow, before being shot at Jake's Absol. The shadow ball connected, but because it was a dark move there was almost no effect. Gary realized this and scowled in frustration. 

"Pansage, bullet seed!" Cilan shouted out, not wanting the twins to attack. Pansage clenched his fists and took a deep breath, before unleashing a flurry of seeds from his mouth. Each seed hit both Absols in quick succession, but again, there was almost no effect. 

"Are you done?" Jake asked rhetorically, with a smirk. "Ok then, double team" His Absol began to multiply, surrounding Pansage and Umbreon.

"Absol, future sight!" Tristan started the same combo that they had used on Ash, the double team providing the distraction while future sight was charging. 

"Pansage, jump and use bullet seed on the second Absol!" Cilan instantly spotted this and decided to go for Tristan's Absol. Jake, however, had anticipated this already.

"Absol, withdraw and use protect to cover Absol!" Jake's Absol leapt back and his doubles disappeared. He created a shield around Tristan's Absol and the bullet seed had no effect. Then, a bright light flashed over Umbreon and Pansage. Then, it was unleashed like a cannon, exploding over the two Pokemon and sending Cilan and Gary back a few steps. They had to shield their eyes from the scattering dust.

"Pansage!" Cilan called out into the smoke.

"Umbreon, you okay?!" Gary too shouted, but no replies came.

"Absol, use hyper beam!" 

"Absol, ice beam lets go!" 

Even within the rising dust, Cilan and Gary could see the bright lights as the hyper beam and ice beam were charging up. 

"Pansage, you have to get out of there!" Cilan pleaded, hoping Pansage could hear him.

"Umbreon!" Gary shouted, seeing his Umbreon moving out of the smoke, followed by Pansage. 

 Another explosion occurred and, even more, smoke began to rise. On either side, the trainers were blinded by the smoke and could not see their opponents. Cilan looked at Gary like he was speaking telepathically. Gary nodded and then turned back to the smoke, or rather, where his opponents should be.

"Umbreon, double team!" Gary ordered, watching as his Umbreon duplicated itself. "Head through the smoke and distract the Absols"

Umbreon headed through the smoke and Gary realized that the twins could not hear his voice through the smoke because the double team was met by another hyper beam and ice beam combo. A few duplicates still stood strong, with the real Umbreon somewhere nearby. 

"Pansage, go around and use grass whistle on one of the Absols. I am sure you will make the right call" Cilan put his trust into Pansage, who nodded with determination.

"Pansage!" the grass Pokemon declared, rushing around the smoke. Pansage got behind the two Absols but then made a mistake. He started to play his lullaby song with the grass from his head, but he was using it on Jakes Absol. Jakes Absol suddenly fell into a deep sleep and then Jake realized that Pansage was sneaking behind them.